Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nordeus, you have destroyed the game.

Addicted

Nordeus, you have destroyed the game.

With the new league system where every team is on a level quality rating, it does not make sense. In which league anywhere in the world is their equal teams competing.

When you get promoted you are ‘to face new challenges and better teams’ well not anymore. When you get promoted you have an equal chance of getting promoted again by doing nothing and meet same quality teams.

I used to like the challenge of promotion and then assessing whether I should invest and take a shot at a top 4 finish for a CL place or just let the season run and invest gradually to hopefully have a good run the next season. This is more reflects the real world but you cannot do this now. I would spend hours some days just trying to get the right player, now it does not matter. OK for 1 season I could spent a huge amount of tokens getting money from the bank and buy better players, win the league and then the next season would again be put in an even league. What is the point? I want a real challenge.

To use my level 35 teams as an example:

Team 1 – player quality ratings 190 - 192 (6* = 195), no chance of winning league

Team 2 – player quality ratings 179 – 180 (all retiring nordgens), every chance of winning league.

All I do now is go on daily to collect my tokens and boosters, check for injuries, make sure my autosubs are set and leave it until the next day, half an hour at best. Great game Nordeus.

I think that Nordeus, this time, have been listening to the wrong people. The ‘anti-tankers’ have won as there is no point in tanking anymore’

Please please Nordeus, return the league and promotion system back to how you originally envisaged it and back to fall in line with other football manager style games.

This is no fun anymore and that is 5 years after I started developing my team
    nikolgiorgos, cookizzz and pnr8555 like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I noticed that from previous season and confirm it at this one too
    ( http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...tml#post350460 )
    So now I 'm thinking about my next step.
    -Quitting the game
    -Starting from the beginning with a 3-4* team, playing as 35T manager, just log in for the game and the gifts, for 10' min every day
    -Finding something else
    From today my team is in auto-pilot. Not interest any more
    Staggy Stagg, cookizzz and Leon29 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    The new league system made the league matches much more interesting in last few seasons. But I don't think such fun will be forever. After all managers understand how it works, more & more managers will try to lower down team qualities before league drawings and then significantly upgrade their team after league draw is concluded. I don't believe most managers like to involve in a game like this. Nordeus may think managers will spend more tokens in this situation. However, if less managers are active in the game, the game will be less interesting and less attractive and Nordeus may not be able to earn more.

I want to know how the tankers think. All teams face opponents with same qualities no matter whether they promote or not.
    Staggy Stagg likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I noticed that from previous season and confirm it at this one too
    ( http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...tml#post350460 )
    So now I 'm thinking about my next step.
    -Quitting the game
    -Starting from the beginning with a 3-4* team, playing as 35T manager, just log in for the game and the gifts, for 10' min every day
    -Finding something else
    From today my team is in auto-pilot. Not interest any more
    I like your plan. I will also consider to do this.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 06-30-2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: I can like the reply now.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

The ideal form to haveleagues with involved managers, and that mean not 14 actives, or 14 with 5*, is to distribute teams in another way....

example, 140 teams in L24, we do a ranking per quality and active-non active teams. There are 10 league groups to do, so we start for the actives, the best, League A (A to J, 10 groups or leagues to explain) the 2nd to League B... and so, with actives, and then the same with not actives.
    Friends have to count, ofc.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    The new league system made the league matches much more interesting in last few seasons. But I don't think such fun will be forever. After all managers understand how it works, more & more managers will try to lower down team qualities before league drawings and then significantly upgrade their team after league draw is concluded. I don't believe most managers like to involve in a game like this. Nordeus may think managers will spend more tokens in this situation. However, if less managers are active in the game, the game will be less interesting and less attractive and Nordeus may not be able to earn more.

I want to know how the tankers think. All teams face opponents with same qualities no matter whether they promote or not.
    I still think it lost the challenge of playing better opponents when promoted, that challenge is in every league structure around the world, even down to grass roots football and has been removed from T11.

On tanking, I was never an official tanker but would sit out a couple of seasons, to rebuild my token supply and then be able to have a run at the league with new players. Again, that challenge and excitement has gone.

Also I think it works in favour of token buyers and big spenders, as on day 3 they can boost their team an dwalk the league. You will find more and more leagues being won by the same team season after season.
    Last edited by Staggy Stagg; 06-30-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Addicted
    Khris, what should really happen, is that when you are promoted you should face 7 teams established at the next level and 6 other promoted teams. The established teams should present the greater challenge. Sometime you got lucky and sometimes you didn't. But it worked.

The ideal form to have leagues with involved managers
    I could use another expression, leagues with managers who spend and managers who don't
    The reason they did that is obvious I think.
    I 'm not saying that I would like to play in a league of 13 crap teams and winning with domination in every game, but so far, I didn't miss challenges.
    Playing in every season for the championship, with at least another 3-4 good teams in my league and other 3-4 teams that could make damage in a good day, playing with good teams in CH.L., tough teams also in the Cup, having the injuries issue, as the "falling from the sky" bad form of some players, testing training and developing young players (and doing that for my alt team also ).

Famous
    My league wasn't too bad as I was drawn with a bunch of hybrid 4/5* teams. My overall Quality is 84.3(4*) but that is being skewed by the presence of the dynamic duo; 42Q and 46Q respectively.

However, looking at some my rivals leagues I came across a league with 4 promoted managers (3 are token buyers) and all 10 not-promoted teams have at least 10 5* players starting. Four of them have starting 11's that feature almost nothing but scouts and one of those managers is featuring multiple 7* players. I'm guessing a token buyer or two won't be promoting...

After all managers understand how it works, more & more managers will try to lower down team qualities before league drawings and then significantly upgrade their team after league draw is concluded
    cook is absolutely right. I was thinking maybe do the same as I did this method for winning the Cup and the treble (as the ultimate challenge) , but I think it's stupid to do this for every season, for the league too.

* Hey Khris, how about to start an OMA league again ?
    cookizzz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast