Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is TE unfair??

Is TE unfair??

Hi all,

I'm in level 25 now, I have been addicted to TE, but day after day I discover that it is a "by chance" game, and it is just unfair.

In my last season, level 24, I bought more than 12 scout players, this means more than 600 tokens. My starting eleven were all scouts, and I even had scout substitutes. My team was a 6 stars team, and I didnt face any team with a higher quality than mine through the whole season. The result was: not winning any title. Second in league, knocked out in the quarter finals of the champions league by a team that is much, much weaker than me after winning the first away leg! The most important point here: scout players make no difference, 90% of the scout players i got got a 5 or 6 rating in most of their matches, and I ended up selling them!

In this season, level 25, I changed the system. I'm not depending on scouts anymore as its a waste of tokens. I had what I thought a better idea. I followed the best players in my friends' teams. Players who got a rating of 7, 8, or 9 in all their matches. I bought a full team of such players by negotiations, and you know how it is hard to buy a great player from another team. I paid more than 150M for a single player. The result is that those players who used to have very high ratings with their previous teams started getting a rating of 6, or even 5, when they arrived to my team. My team now is a 5 stars team, I still have the highest rated team in the league. The result is: I'm fifth in the league, I lost 4 out of 10 matches there, 2 of the losses were by 3 or 4 goals. I lost 3 out of 5 matches in the champions league and I'm knocked out from the group stage for the first time in 25 seasons. I lost 0-4 in the cup, and I know that I will never win a cup since all the teams I play with are 1 or 2 levels above me, not only in this season, but from the day I started playing TE.

What I know is that TE is a game. And in any game, the best player is the one who play more, think more, and maybe pay more. But here in TE, its all by chance, and its simply unfair! because when you have a team of scouts you dont win, and when you have a team of the best negotiation players you dont win. What else can you do to have a strong team???

So what you're saying is it's not a pay to win game? Awesome! I like it even more...

i'm level 20 (I would be level 28 but dropped down to a new club) and in my experience the best team in the league WILL win the league if managed properly. Cup competions are different as one troll result and its probably game over. but in a 26 game season the cream generally rises to the top. im sorry, but if you couldn't win the league with 11 scout players you seriously need to look at tactics and team instruction....

Dreamer
    Yeah, you can have the best players in your team but they fail because your tactics don't go well with it.

Try to improve your players form first.
    One or two bad player (average form lower than 7) you may replace.
    Full team with bad form have two different major reasons: Bad captain, or bad tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmoud Wehbe View Post
    Hi all,

I'm in level 25 now, I have been addicted to TE, but day after day I discover that it is a "by chance" game, and it is just unfair.

In my last season, level 24, I bought more than 12 scout players, this means more than 600 tokens. My starting eleven were all scouts, and I even had scout substitutes. My team was a 6 stars team, and I didnt face any team with a higher quality than mine through the whole season. The result was: not winning any title. Second in league, knocked out in the quarter finals of the champions league by a team that is much, much weaker than me after winning the first away leg! The most important point here: scout players make no difference, 90% of the scout players i got got a 5 or 6 rating in most of their matches, and I ended up selling them!

In this season, level 25, I changed the system. I'm not depending on scouts anymore as its a waste of tokens. I had what I thought a better idea. I followed the best players in my friends' teams. Players who got a rating of 7, 8, or 9 in all their matches. I bought a full team of such players by negotiations, and you know how it is hard to buy a great player from another team. I paid more than 150M for a single player. The result is that those players who used to have very high ratings with their previous teams started getting a rating of 6, or even 5, when they arrived to my team. My team now is a 5 stars team, I still have the highest rated team in the league. The result is: I'm fifth in the league, I lost 4 out of 10 matches there, 2 of the losses were by 3 or 4 goals. I lost 3 out of 5 matches in the champions league and I'm knocked out from the group stage for the first time in 25 seasons. I lost 0-4 in the cup, and I know that I will never win a cup since all the teams I play with are 1 or 2 levels above me, not only in this season, but from the day I started playing TE.

What I know is that TE is a game. And in any game, the best player is the one who play more, think more, and maybe pay more. But here in TE, its all by chance, and its simply unfair! because when you have a team of scouts you dont win, and when you have a team of the best negotiation players you dont win. What else can you do to have a strong team???
    Don't waste money on this game. It seems that the results are affected by other factors other than quality and tactics. I have noticed that for some particular matches, especially two cup matches, the results seemed to have been already decided before the matches even started. The comments are there just to give you the impression that the matches are actually being played. Also, this game contains many flaws.

I have bought a lot of tokens too, and I worked a lot on tactics. But still, my team was beaten 5-1 on aggregate by a weaker team using an asymmetrical formation. The way the comments 'went' for the two particular cup matches, I could clearly see that it was already decided that my team would lose. The goals that my team conceded 'came out of nowhere'.

It is not worth putting so much money in such a game. Just play the game with the resources provided.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-11-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    yoroshiku2401 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So what you're saying is it's not a pay to win game? Awesome! I like it even more...
    yeah, sure, it's not a pay to win game
    but usually this isn't from good/bad management or coaching but from random results and good/bad day (in many games)
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    yeah, sure, it's not a pay to win game
    but usually this isn't from good/bad management or coaching but from random results and good/bad day (in many games)
    so the big clubs never have an off day or a weird day? if the top rated team won every single game, why would anyone want to play? just look at the quality, oh they are better q than me, i'm done playing bc it's an auto loss.

Apprentice
    you only have to know how to Play it right. you will win if you want. i ve faced a lot of Teams if Scout or not. and i can tell you, i ve also beaten Teams with 7 or 8 stars. it s no Problem. if i have fewer Possession than usual, i have to react on this. maybe pressing full pitch instead own half. maybe defensive instead normal.

i met Managers which showed me their orders and arrows, because suddenly they cound not win anymore. i was amazed about their crazy orders and arrows.

from a certain Point a Manager have to know how the games works. since a "pupil", that i teached, learned it from me, he Plays much better and can win some trophies.

by the way, i dont want to be disrespectful, but i ve had the same Problem also on lvl 25. then there was the Point when i wanted to study this game. and now i am successful with 4 own Teams. lvl 6, lvl 9, lvl 25 and lvl 33
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Famous
    As another token buyer, i'll chime in.

This game is pay to win. My squad has won 12 league titles, 8 cl crowns and 4 cup trophies in 13+ seasons. If buying tokens didn't give a significant advantage, I wouldn't have had this much success.

Part of the reason it appears that it isn't "pay to win," is because Nordeus treats its customers like crap. The scout list has to many "busts" for the cost of a scout. The injury ratio is absurd, and the higher quality players seem to get injured more than lower quality ones. How do several players suffer a decrease in morale after beating a team 10:0? Plus, all the games within 3 hours of each other, dropping condition alongside morale. Now leagues are based upon quality, similar to the cup; but teams from all leagues are treated the same pertaining to Champions League qualification. I'm not going to even get started on players that improve regarding form after spending multiple seasons on my team. So, power-training to maintain quality with the injury ratio, bye-bye reds and greens. Oh, and the cost of negotiations; an offer of 7 tokens to another managers costs me what, 23 tokens? Come on now, give more of the tokens to the other managers... It'll cheapen my cost and help them get more tokens!!!

Also, pertaining to morale/condition this seems to heavily impact matches from my experience. I would rather face a higher level manager that is a free-player than a lower-level manager that buys tokens every day of the week! I've beaten higher level, higher quality teams several times in the cup, then turn around and have a dud in the league against a lower quality team. How many blues/greens does it take to maintain max morale and condition for all important KO round matches against quality opposition? If chasing a treble with the new league draw system, it'll could take over 100 of such packs to win a treble if the league is tight. Under the old system (unless one fools the league draw), playing the backups could get the job done in several leagues, but now?
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-12-2015 at 03:01 AM.
    mmunger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    so the big clubs never have an off day or a weird day? if the top rated team won every single game, why would anyone want to play? just look at the quality, oh they are better q than me, i'm done playing bc it's an auto loss.
    Who said that the big clubs never have an off day or a weird day? I'm talking about two consecutive seasons, not a single match. Its ok for me if I lose like 5 matches in a season. But its totally unfair when you never play against an opponent with better quality than yours, and still win NO TITLES!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast