Thread: When to use offside trap and forced counter attacks?

When to use offside trap and forced counter attacks?

Would like to hear from the higher level players on this....

Read somewhere so take it with a pinch of salt coz im just lvl 3.

Offside trap: Use when playing Normal/defensive/hard defensive and are pressing in own half.

Counter attack: When playing defensive formations and tactics. Plus when you and opponent play attacking football and you suspect with high propability that he is pressing whole pitch

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklinginsilence View Post
    Read somewhere so take it with a pinch of salt coz im just lvl 3.

Offside trap: Use when playing Normal/defensive/hard defensive and are pressing in own half.

Counter attack: When playing defensive formations and tactics. Plus when you and opponent play attacking football and you suspect with high propability that he is pressing whole pitch

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly
    no, i dont agree with that.
    If you Play normal, of course you can press full pitch with using the offside trap.
    The most important Thing for using the offside trap is, if you Play with a back 4, DL and DR must have red arrows.

counter attack you can also usw with normal mentaly. it depends on your Team and your opponents Team. Sometimes i tried it with attacking mentaly. it was successful. but maby only for my Team, because i will always get more Possession as my opponents. and so it is possibble, that my Players can work and fight harder
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

if you plan on using both, you can't use short passing and man coverage

Edit: Unless you have one incredible defense/physical dc that you have unrelenting faith in .
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 07-13-2015 at 08:11 AM.