Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By KoronaChelsea
  • 2 Post By talisman
  • 3 Post By Alexandre Labrecque

Thread: End of Season Run In

Rookie

End of Season Run In

Just went top for the first time this season (level on points but smashing goal difference) and reached my first CL final!

Got a huge run in... playing 2nd 3rd and 5th!!

Squeaky bum time

How are all your seasons looking! Successful i hope!
    talisman and pcmacdaniel like this.

Palace Casuals (7 matches unbeaten, 5W-2D) have been on top of their Level 23 League for a few days now, and have stayed there despite a couple of draws due to a bit of Trolling happening to their nearest rivals. Currently 4 points clear, next up is 2nd, away, and then 12th (H) and 9th (A). I'm more apprehensive about playing the last two as I am the top-of-the-table clash tomorrow.

Palace Terriers (8 matches unbeaten, 6W-2D) are third in table, and the form team of their Level 1 League. Next up is 11th at home, and then 1st (A) and 10th (H).

Both teams went out of the Cup in early rounds, and Casuals failed for only the second time to escape the Group stage of the CL, meaning that they have been able to concentrate solely on the league and training up players.
    KoronaChelsea and pcmacdaniel like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    I am 4 points clear going into final 4 league matches. Facing #6 tonight, #7 and #2 (only team in contention) tomorrow, and then #8 at the end.

I have 2nd leg of CL semi and the cup final today after the league match. Going to take a lot of packs to keep my players fit and at full morale for the last 2 today. I can't put out the B team and take the risk of losing points in the league, All I have to do is beat the other 3 to win the league, though I have only a single draw and no losses through 22 matches this season (43-4-0 last 2 seasons)

Famous
    36-7-3 this season.

9-2-0 in champions league, with 2nd leg of semi's starting in 30 minutes.

8-3-1 in cup, with cup final tomorrow. I have slim chance of winning it i'm afraid. Opponent is 3 levels higher than me, with several 5* players for his level (8* for me) and plays a strong formation (4-1-3w-2).

19-2-2 in league; already clinched first league title.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    i'm 3 points back but way down on GD and the 1st place team only has 1 "hard" game left.

Lvl 3 team has a battle to secure outright 1st tomorrow vs the 2nd place team. 2 notable injuries and 1st team dr is suspended but am confident i will have the league locked up tomorrow.

Lvl 7 team is sitting 1 point clear with 1 game vs a bottom feeder remaining. 2nd has 2 matches vs 3rd and 4th place teams, both of which have given him trouble in the past. If he drops one game, I'm in. If he draws and wins, he takes it. Still nervy after just breaking a 3 game loss streak, longest I've had in a non-tanking season. Sold my 1st team amc on a whim after receiving a late season nego offer and deciding that he wouldn't train fast enough next season to justify renewing his contract and selling then. Just replaced him with a 3 position 5 star amc/amr/st that i stole for 2 tokens and may nego sell early next season but his first game he rated 9 so too early to tell. Injury wave hit me hard as well 5 days ago but it's out of my hands now.