Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First match of the season is the hardest to win

First match of the season is the hardest to win

The first competitive match of a new season will always be a cup match preliminary round. I quite often lose this game because my team aren't ready for the game. I have unsigned players, all my players are now having one star lower and very likely I am playing against a team with higher level.

However, these are all sidelines. The most challenge thing is, I do not know the fixture until the new season starts. As a normal person who does not spend whole day in front of computer/mobile, there are times my team are full of unsigned players so when it comes to competition, they automatically used players in the wrong position.

I understand I have to rearrange formation, buy players and re-adjust team etc, but getting the right players within a few hours after the start of new season is quite difficult, especially if you are looking for good players on auction (yea i know getting players from scout is invincible).

Losing the first-leg of cup preliminary round puts you in a difficult position to go through. One has to significantly improve their squad to overcome the second-leg. Anyone shares the same view as I do?

It sometimes feels like that for me too (my own superstition is that I often concede at least 1 goal in first match even if I think I shouldn't). No idea if its real or simply a new season feeling.

I'd like a rest day because I feel rushed (others are not keen). But tbh I'm not sure if I'd use my rest day to fix things or just leave it and panic on Day 2 instead.
    Bunzo likes this.

I support the idea of having a "rest day". For now, you can win the league last night and then the next day you are starting a new season.
    I think one day of buffer for managers to reassess their teams and buy players are better. Also I get to know the fixture so I can watch my team plays before its too late=]

For as long as i can remember i have been drawn against teams 2 levels higher than me in the cup. its impossible to win. so i treat the 2 cup preleminaries as 'friendlies' Tomorrow is the real day one of the season for me. Saying that, with an experimental counter formation we squuezed through 3-2 on aggregate this season.

Apprentice
    people may make it tougher by playing some of their new purchases off the market in that game as well. I did this year, lost 4-1. put in the 2 guys that were going to be replaced in for the next match and won 3-1... lost by 1 goal on agg... oh well. don't play new players straight away, lesson learned.

Famous
    Sometimes first Cup match is completed even before my server allowed me to log on to manage my team.

Usually, I prepare my team before season start with assumption that the 1st match will start immediately. I will not arrange any out of contract players as starters.

I will support to delay 1st cup match start time for several hours. Then managers will have chance to manage and re-arrange their teams. I believe most European, African & American will like this. And it is not too inconvenient to Asian or Oceanian managers.

Rookie
    what does it mean he has unsigned players? thx

Unsigned players are ineligble to play matches - their contract has expired but you have 7 days to renew their contracts.

and to the opponent the team looks like this - but the gaps will be filled with 2/3* 'gift' players that the engine puts in your team to ensue you have enough players to play the match.

Famous
    My case is different...
    I am always win the CUP very 1st match (not 1st round coz they have 2 ways)...hehehee..

Rookie
    ok thx for explanation but why not sign the players on last day or so of previous season to avoid that disaster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast