Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tactician
  • 1 Post By Killroy

Thread: Watching my team via Live Animation

Watching my team via Live Animation

WTF are they doing? These passes are terrible! My striker will break out from the group and be around 20 meters from my opponents goal and then turn around and pass back to a MC that is already well defended.

This is probably how it is in this game; the players don't have artificial intelligence. After having watched many matches, I have the impression that everything is 'constructed' (made to happen). For example, a player may appear to deliberately give the ball away to the opponent so that the opposing team can score a goal or change the statistics so that it follows the calculated statistics and score by the program. Hence, I suspect that for a particular match, many things (but not all) may already have been decided before the match started or before each half of the match.

Apprentice
    my favorite is when my striker is near the pk spot, then passes backwards and out of bounds to no one.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew FC View Post
    WTF are they doing? These passes are terrible! My striker will break out from the group and be around 20 meters from my opponents goal and then turn around and pass back to a MC that is already well defended.
    i agree with you, it does not make sense
    My Team: Wuppertaler SV
    League Level: 5
    Manager Level: 5
    Playing Top11 Since: 30th May 2015
    Trophies Won So Far:
    League: 3
    CL: 3
    Cup: 2
    Trebles: 1
    Last Updated: 19th September 2015

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    my favorite is when my striker is near the pk spot, then passes backwards and out of bounds to no one.
    I think that's supposed to be a deflection of off the defensive player??? that's usually what I see anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew FC View Post
    I think that's supposed to be a deflection of off the defensive player??? that's usually what I see anyways.
    What explanation do you have for the following case? The goalkeeper of one team passed the ball straight to the closest opponent for him to score a goal.
    I think that this is deliberately done so that the calculated outcome of the match is respected.
    Sons of Pitches likes this.

Pro
    I just installed PES Club Manager on my Phone. Top eleven can learn a thing or 2 from these guys. The matches do have live animation (2D and 3D) and the football is actually looking very good. Animation wise it is light years ahead of T11. However T11 is a lot more exciting with the transfer market and the games. If these 2 games could combine their strengths, then oh my.......
    sparklinginsilence likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    This is probably how it is in this game; the players don't have artificial intelligence. After having watched many matches, I have the impression that everything is 'constructed' (made to happen). For example, a player may appear to deliberately give the ball away to the opponent so that the opposing team can score a goal or change the statistics so that it follows the calculated statistics and score by the program. Hence, I suspect that for a particular match, many things (but not all) may already have been decided before the match started or before each half of the match.
    exactly. This is a simple game, not a complex one with AI. They took the comments and the programming and just added animation to it. It does nothing to show you anything about how the game is going. It is just set pieces, which is all this game is anyways.