Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy

Thread: can we learn from?

Apprentice

can we learn from?

Can we learn anything from away friendlies? With the post game ratings?

You can use friendlies for some things, as test players fto pick corners/fouls + against weaker teams you can know if is worth to keep a player in your team, because wgainst weaker teams (-3/4 levels) their contribution is magnified, so a good ST with good internal proggramming will score 3-4 goals often against these teams.

edited; the ratings show you the way in what a player works, but you always have to see the contribution of this player to the team. if have 8-8-8-8-8 been MC but no goal or assistances... is like to say; ok, you are very nice and cute like a cookie, but no more LOL

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    You can use friendlies for some things, as test players fto pick corners/fouls + against weaker teams you can know if is worth to keep a player in your team, because wgainst weaker teams (-3/4 levels) their contribution is magnified, so a good ST with good internal proggramming will score 3-4 goals often against these teams.

edited; the ratings show you the way in what a player works, but you always have to see the contribution of this player to the team. if have 8-8-8-8-8 been MC but no goal or assistances... is like to say; ok, you are very nice and cute like a cookie, but no more LOL
    right but i mean friendlies that are away, ones we didn't schedule to play. I had a friend challenge me and i won 4-0. but do the ratings mean anything since i wasn't the home team in a friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    right but i mean friendlies that are away, ones we didn't schedule to play. I had a friend challenge me and i won 4-0. but do the ratings mean anything since i wasn't the home team in a friendly.
    As Ive said (edited)... ratings, only show you the way in what a player works, lets say "type of player".
    These types can be, key player (8-9-10)+goals and assistances, near 1 per match at least of one of these 2 things,, between 6-7-8 that can, contribute, maybe some match a MC in defense , or at least 1 goal/assistance in 2 matches, + some MoM... or do not contribute despite 8-8-8-8-8.... and low rated players, that usually, do not contribute (only exceptions).

Always is the same, home-away-attend-or not, what say all about a player, are the stats (MC-ST) and for defense and GK take a look at MoM, is good to have defenders that obtain these + live matches you can see if they fail or not, + if a MC work in defense.

So my answer basically is, no, but at same time yes. lol

Yeah if your opponent gives you detailed notes on his orders you can understand why your formation was victorious.
    Gasi likes this.

I added my opponent in CL semis and i plan to play a "friendly" against him to test my chances early.
    At 1st i was ascertaining he is an active manager to see if he responds.
    In short: yes

Some players especially goalkeepers need your faith. If you do not believe in them, they do not improve.
    And you can show this faith by putting them in your top 11 - let them start the game. Or even play the whole game.
    Initially, they might be rated 6, but the more you play them they grow in confidence and understand your orders.

My scout GK did this to me this season, I played a number of games with him which we lost (about 3 or 4 of them).
    In about the fifth game, I started getting a commentary from him which I did not use to like: "Saphiu is coming out and clutches the ball to his chest".

I will like to state that having a 6 rating is not bad when the player is receiving good comments. But if he keeps losing the ball do not border about the rating. Just bench him.
    SEASON 10 LEVEL 10
    4 LEAGUE TITLES
    1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER
    1 CUP CHAMPION