Page 274 of 385 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3844
Like Tree1306Likes

Thread: Season 38

We went into today's league game, boosted by the news that the league leader had been beaten 3-1 by the team that we beat yesterday, and the confidence seemed to return to our players.

Result: LONDON CITY 4-0 HAKKI FC
    Goals: Kennedy 19, Kennedy 42, King 52, King 65
    M.o.M: Clayton Manning (LC)

Iknow that our opponents aren't the strongest of teams, but nevertheless, we returned to something like our best form. Two goals from Dave Kennedy gave us a comfortable halftime lead. The second half continued in the same vain, and Teddy King also bagged himself a couple. The result, coupled with the leader's loss, now puts us just one point behind them, and we play each other tomorrow, at their ground.

As we only had the one official game today, the management hastily arranged an evening friendly for the team, as a break from just training. Our opponents are ranked a lot lower than us, so it was an ideal opportunity to give the reserve players some match time.

Result: LONDON CITY 9-0 TIBI FC
    Goals: King 9, Grundy 24, Morgada 29, Lanwer 46, 50, Fredriksen 54, 72, 76, Lanwer 81
    M.o.M: Hector Morgada

This was a stroll in the park for our mainly reserve side. We had a three goal lead at the break after goals from Teddy King, Solomon Grundy and Hector Morgada. The goals tally increased after the break, as our guest's visibly tired. Bjorn Lanwer hit two, before centre-back, Jan Fredriksen helped himself to a hat-trick of headers in the space of 22 minutes. Lanwer also completed his own hat-trick with 9 minutes remaining.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

This afternoon, I saw a 24yo, 5* (4 points short of scout), DL, on my transfer list, and decided I'd go for him. It was 4.35pm at the time, and there was 2hr 15 mins, left of the auction. Not wanting to lose him from the list, as I was logging-out, I put my bid in early (the first offer from anyone).

Anyhow, I turned my pc off, and set about getting my evening meal. After cooking and eating, I dozed off to sleep for 30 minutes, and then on waking, sat down to watch Brazil v Russia on the television. At 9pm, I suddenly remembered the auction and was annoyed that I'd missed it, and had wasted a token. Now I've logged back in, I am shocked to see that the player is mine. So obviously, nobody else bid on him. So 1 token for an almost scout player. Can't be bad.
    CameraLagg and July Fourth like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    This afternoon, I saw a 24yo, 5* (4 points short of scout), DL, on my transfer list, and decided I'd go for him. It was 4.35pm at the time, and there was 2hr 15 mins, left of the auction. Not wanting to lose him from the list, as I was logging-out, I put my bid in early (the first offer from anyone).

Anyhow, I turned my pc off, and set about getting my evening meal. After cooking and eating, I dozed off to sleep for 30 minutes, and then on waking, sat down to watch Brazil v Russia on the television. At 9pm, I suddenly remembered the auction and was annoyed that I'd missed it, and had wasted a token. Now I've logged back in, I am shocked to see that the player is mine. So obviously, nobody else bid on him. So 1 token for an almost scout player. Can't be bad.
    Wow I need that luck.. usually I waste 15 tokens to then find out that the other guy I'm bidding with won't give up and I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by FCP View Post
    Lets hope the game engine has finished with it's hickups for this season. Yesterday & the day before been enough. Bye bye 26 - 0 - 0.

Attachment 3995

Today we had a 0 - 7 victory against the #7.
    I know how this feels... All these failed attempts at the 26-0-0 over the last few seasons and now I simply don't have the resources to build what I consider a strong enough team to get a 26-0-0, We keep getting cursed by bad luck everytime. I didn't do the 26-0-0 at the lower levels either, always had a stupid draw or loss chucked in by the engine.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I know how this feels... All these failed attempts at the 26-0-0 over the last few seasons and now I simply don't have the resources to build what I consider a strong enough team to get a 26-0-0, We keep getting cursed by bad luck everytime. I didn't do the 26-0-0 at the lower levels either, always had a stupid draw or loss chucked in by the engine.
    For me so far so good I'm at 14-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post

It's brilliant that when that happens... I sometimes say when you have not many tokens to spare and you need to buy players, sometimes its a good idea to lay the 1T on a few players early in auctions (1 hour+) and forget about the auctions and sometimes you win, It's easier at this time of the season though, the tranny market is getting more quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by CameraLagg View Post
    For me so far so good I'm at 14-0-0
    Want to know what the worst one was for me... I drew the first game of the season in L3 I think it was then won the other 25 league games that season... how annoying.

Hopefully keeping head above water given investment

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Want to know what the worst one was for me... I drew the first game of the season in L3 I think it was then won the other 25 league games that season... how annoying.
    Yeah that's sort of happening to me too. My only loss of the season is the first cup game 5-0 and I've won all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by CameraLagg View Post
    Yeah that's sort of happening to me too. My only loss of the season is the first cup game 5-0 and I've won all the others.
    I can win the League pretty much every season, I can win Champions Leagues quite often and get a 13-0-0 in the CL, I can win the treble three times in a row, I can win the Cup going 13-0-0, I can go undefeated in all 3 competitions in the same season, but I can't get a 26-0-0 perfect league record... What gives???
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    Raykco likes this.