Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Transfers' bids

Transfers' bids

So you bid one token to take part at the "auction" of a player and you bid one more each time you decide to proceed to the next round to make this player part of your team
    Everything good so far, isn't it?
    So you compete with another guy who wants this player as well and ending up bidding for instance 10 tokens to realise the other guy has more tokens to spend than you do. He gets the player you get air and whoops,you just lost ten tokens with nothing in return
    So to I reached the point, I find it ridiculous that you lose the tokens even if you lose the auction,what's the point of that it is not even realistic.
    In real life if a tim makes a bid for a player they are not gonna pay anything unless the player and his team accept any offer or just the player if he is free
    The way the transfers work will only find people addicted to the game and pay with real money for tokens or people who are just wealthy to be ok with it
    I am really enjoying the game but the thing with the transfers really disturbs me for a team which is new and has spent the 40 starting tokens it is very hard to make a good signing even if you wait a week or so to get some tomens you can't be sure that you will successfuly complete a transfer
    You could get back your tokens if you couldn't sign a player or get back 50% of them or something
    What's your opinion about this

Pro
    The thing about biddings are the tension wether you get the player or not. You have to have the feeling of loosing something and tokens are precious. You have to be carefull with them. If you wouldn't loose your tokens during a bidding all bidding wars would be like 50 rounds long or so. That would make it ridiculous. Right now you have to plan your strategy and set targets (max 10 tokens for example).

And of course it is the best way for T11 to make money. There is no denying that but I wouldn't want to see it any other way. Just played a soccer manager where you wouldn't loose your money for a transfer and the game was dull and boring to me.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Well said Killroy, when it comes to bidding, you have to be very cautious. If you have the tokens to play around with then be my guest. If u on a tight budget then do as Killroy said, have a limit even though you really need a player in a specific position, dont let that be your downfall. I was heavy headed before and went to 20+ rounds of bidding until I realized that its pointless bidding against token buyers! Setting a limit is the way to go and sometimes gets you the players...
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

If the loser of an auction was to get his tokens back then it would only be fair for the winner to be refunded his tokens ?
    So what would be the point of an auction.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Well said Killroy, when it comes to bidding, you have to be very cautious. If you have the tokens to play around with then be my guest. If u on a tight budget then do as Killroy said, have a limit even though you really need a player in a specific position, dont let that be your downfall. I was heavy headed before and went to 20+ rounds of bidding until I realized that its pointless bidding against token buyers! Setting a limit is the way to go and sometimes gets you the players...
    Well i would say sometimes you might not be bidding against token buyers but '' noobs '' who spend their entire tokens and budget on one single player. Happened to me.

don't buy players day 1 or day 3 and you won't have these problems
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Always set your limit before entering the first bid
    Cat Harrison likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    don't buy players day 1 or day 3 and you won't have these problems
    I don't know if it still is like this, but on day 1 when the new season is beginning, there used to be some bad ass regens avaiable. Got a couple of fast trainers today.

Of course, don't go into a bidding war with someone, but you can make some really sweet deals if you're lucky.

Yeah sometimes on new season day there are good nordgens none at my league level today tho.

Bought a guy yesterday for 25.3M, sold today for 29.7. I could buy a lvl 4 club with the profit from 1T lol.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 11-15-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    Cat Harrison and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    Yeah sometimes on new season day there are good nordgens none at my league level today tho.

Bought a guy yesterday for 25.3M, sold today for 29.7. I could buy a lvl 4 club with the profit from 1T lol.
    I play at two different level. AT the one there was several, and the other none
    Cat Harrison likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast