Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Level 1 player - Need advice for New Season

Famous
    Further comments.

If you believe that league draw will group teams with similar quality and you do not want big challenge, I think it is not wise to power train your players or vastly strengthen your squad near season end.

Even if you like using rest packs to train players, I still think it is wise to ensure there are sufficient rest /morale/health packs for normal uses. If these packs are used for training, your players' qualities will be high but this does not mean your team will be stronger than your opponents. Besides, players with more stars train slowly. Manager of high quality team are difficult to replace or upgrade players because auction market may not provide players matching qualities of his existing players. I don't like this situation. In contrast, if packs are reserves for normal daily uses, they must help improve your chances to win matches.

I heard some managers will replace whole team in each season. Some managers may even attempt to lower qualities of their teams before season end so as to improve chance of good cup draw. I personally do not like this. Even if I can win all competitions in this way, I do not enjoy.
    legendqueen and Cat Harrison like this.

Wait a sec, you guys all said about the league draw. Should i be super worried about this thing? Throughout the whole season, i've done anything i could to improve the quality rating of my team (train to upgrade players to get 5,6 stars , sell 3-4 stars player...) So now my team has ~ 6 star rating. Supposedly, i will match up with crazily strong team in cup + champion league?

About using rest pack as daily resource to boost player's condition: Good point! I never thought of that, all i want to do is to use those green boxes to train my players, since now i'm only level 1, with 1 match everyday then there would be plenty of time for my players to recover from a match. But things will be different in the next season.

One more thing, may be you guys are all familiar to the way hardcore, high level players think and act, things may be easier down here (at level 1). Let me show some examples: Today (which is 25th day of season), i sold 3 players with 4 star rating very quickly, 2 of them even created bid wars for some managers, they seem to prepare for new season by buying a lot (rather than saving money like experienced managers). I have some level 1 friends, they all overspent their cash+token in buying players, so i dont think they will have enough resources to bid for good players in the new season. Eventually, buying new guys could be easier than we expect

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    yes, going into level two is a good time to wait out the new season start and try to get a couple young high price guys in the first hour, depending when that is in your day (it's only time related advantage I get, it's evening for me) as you level up it becomes nigh impossible. but since you found the Forum in your first season, you have more knowledge to use to your advantage. read all the tutorials ( http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ls-guides.html ) you can to get a better edge.
    legendqueen likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by legendqueen View Post
    Wait a sec, you guys all said about the league draw. Should i be super worried about this thing? Throughout the whole season, i've done anything i could to improve the quality rating of my team (train to upgrade players to get 5,6 stars , sell 3-4 stars player...) So now my team has ~ 6 star rating. Supposedly, i will match up with crazily strong team in cup + champion league?

About using rest pack as daily resource to boost player's condition: Good point! I never thought of that, all i want to do is to use those green boxes to train my players, since now i'm only level 1, with 1 match everyday then there would be plenty of time for my players to recover from a match. But things will be different in the next season.

One more thing, may be you guys are all familiar to the way hardcore, high level players think and act, things may be easier down here (at level 1). Let me show some examples: Today (which is 25th day of season), i sold 3 players with 4 star rating very quickly, 2 of them even created bid wars for some managers, they seem to prepare for new season by buying a lot (rather than saving money like experienced managers). I have some level 1 friends, they all overspent their cash+token in buying players, so i dont think they will have enough resources to bid for good players in the new season. Eventually, buying new guys could be easier than we expect
    Just wait and see what kind of bidding war will be happening start from this saturday to saturday next week..
    legendqueen likes this.

Yeah i only buy 3-6 players a season. Buying quality youngsters pays off in the long run both financially and performance wise. You don't need a full 5 star 22 man roster to have success.
    legendqueen likes this.

Thank all of you for your support, it has been very helpful for me.
    I'm eager to see what will happen in the new season. Hope every plan i have will work out perfectly.

Famous
    Please also note that you can buy players with higher quality after promoting to level 2. The maximum quality of 5 star players will increase from 24Q to 29Q.
    legendqueen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Please also note that you can buy players with higher quality after promoting to level 2. The maximum quality of 5 star players will increase from 24Q to 29Q.
    yup i know it, that's why im saving a big fortune to buy 29Q players

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by legendqueen View Post
    yup i know it, that's why im saving a big fortune to buy 29Q players
    I didn't follow all discussions but noted some managers create bidding wars near the end of the season. This is not wise because they can start bidding wars on higher quality players after a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I didn't follow all discussions but noted some managers create bidding wars near the end of the season. This is not wise because they can start bidding wars on higher quality players after a few days.
    It's best idea to avoid any bidding war! I will buy new players at the 2nd week of the new season, i'm sure that my team can handle the few first matches. In case everyone's spending all of their token/money on transfer market in last days of season --> They won't have sufficient resource to buy anything when they get to next level, then i will buy new guys right at the first days of new season. I dont know for sure what would happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast