Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: New Cup Format - Token Buyers are DISADVANTAGED

Quote Originally Posted by reallaw View Post
    League isn't a problem at all even with 4* Players you'll get easy on 1-4th place. CL my competition is very strong too it's almost like the Cup
    not really ... my CL draw never changed it is a mix from lower side to good or slightly better one
    I think Nordus did that purposely to keep people buying tokens
    and you will still spend even if you decided not to invest in tokens, bcz when you draw lower clubs by not investing, you will still not be tempted to improve the team? .. go back in time at season one, we all started with same level teams, do you think that stopped you investing?
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Adi
    Banned
    New Cup Format - Token Buyers are DISADVANTAGED-shit.jpg

new format same ****....I got owned by this team with 3-4 star players in it.....hmmm dubious

once again a change in this game brings nothing good.......I wonder what is their purpose now??

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    not really ... my CL draw never changed it is a mix from lower side to good or slightly better one
    I think Nordus did that purposely to keep people buying tokens
    and you will still spend even if you decided not to invest in tokens, bcz when you draw lower clubs by not investing, you will still not be tempted to improve the team? .. go back in time at season one, we all started with same level teams, do you think that stopped you investing?
    How much did you donate for this game so far? Let me guess nothing
    ThePsycho likes this.

My take on the new Cup system after a more in-depth analysis and a gazillion litres of water to help me over my hang-over, are as follows:

1. I see a lot of lower level players complaining about the old format of the Cup, and hoping they have a better chance this way, and normally I would get behind that, but they are missing a very important point: the prizes. They are now decreased, especially for the lower levels. Last season a level 3 friend of mine managed to squeeze his ass up to the third round, where I totally raped his team, it's true, but he wasn't even angry. By getting that far he had so much money that he managed to make a super kick ass team by buying some very expensive and good players early on in the season. He's not a token buyer but his tokens were really worth since not many managers had the financial power to buy those players, so the coast was pretty much clear. He ended up winning the league with 26 wins and got as far as the CL semifinals since I see he has a third place badge on his profile.
    Just so you get a better idea, he now has 2.97M from what I see, and my Cup prizes are:
    Prel 1.53M
    Qual 2.29M
    So just by getting to the qual stage, a player of his level would have some extra 7.5M to spend, which is more than doubling his current budget, and very early in the season as well.

2. It's unrealistic. Everywhere in the world Cups are played by teams from all tiers of the league system, and surprises are rare: Bradford City in the League Cup or Quevilly in the French Cup, last year, for example. It's true, in Top Elven it was almost impossible for lower level teams to do something like this, it was even easier in reality. But the new Cup system certainly does not adress this problem, a format like the one suggested by July Fouth would be both more realistic and more enjoyable for the players.

3. Placing players dependent on their average quality will lead to Cups where all players are highly active and the competition itself is a murder pit and Cups where only a few players are active, maybe even none, who knows?

4. Not being able to play against my friends takes all the fun away.
    ThePsycho and Maxtax like this.
    Parshcester City
    League Titles: 38
    UCL Titles: 13
    Cups: 21
    Super Cups: 6
    In-Game Seasons/Active Seasons: 96/61

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	****.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	3224

new format same ****....I got owned by this team with 3-4 star players in it.....hmmm dubious

once again a change in this game brings nothing good.......I wonder what is their purpose now??
    sure the match engine need improving ..
    but this change is for the draw system only
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

Adi
    Banned
    oh so then if we talk about the game engine is nothing to say...is the ruin of this game...the **** machine

I'm gonna be out of the cup by a guy 9 levels lower...I'm not even going to compare the players.....and to think that I was going to buy som scout player this season...thing I do not do altmost at all
    reallaw and shwanko07 like this.

Apprentice
    Fact is 90 out of 100 donaters will not spend 1 cent this season and check if they change it back next season

Quote Originally Posted by reallaw View Post
    You're dumb if you spend money while having the same chances as the ones without spending money in this game. Why would someone buy scouts for a League where 23 out of 26 teams are not active? Tell me genius
    so you will not invest to be better for CL too , leaving others to invest ? and once you draw in lower cup group, you will still not invest then? sure you will
    and worst are you telling me that you were investing over the past years just bcz of the cup only (not CL or league)? bcz that is crazy and laughable if it is true

oh so then if we talk about the game engine is nothing to say...is the ruin of this game...the **** machine

I'm gonna be out of the cup by a guy 9 levels lower...I'm not even going to compare the players.....and to think that I was going to buy som scout player this season...thing I do not do altmost at all
    no ... engine need to be improved but that is irrelevant to the discussion
    and tbh they do work on it all the time to improve it
    Last edited by shwanko07; 03-10-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	****.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	3224

Hard to say how you could get all that 3 goals so fast
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast