Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: Season 71 - Week 4

Palace Casuals report, Wednesday...

Another day with two matches the proscribed minimum three hours apart! First was a Champions League Group match against the Group leaders, and the full-strength side had no answers to the much superior team and they went down 0-5. Third in the Group table, they will presumably progress no further - assuming 1st beats 2nd, and Casuals beat 4th, they will have the same points but the head-to-head record with 2nd is not good (one win each, but they've scored more away goals).

Attacking midfielder Artem Garaev suffered yet another injury, so the Management cast an eye over the Transfer Market, and saw a few likely candidates - 10.30AM BST and there were 5* players aplenty, and little or no bidding activity. 3T and $200M later, these players appeared in the squad:

1T/$98.9M:

Season 71 - Week 4-pc-martin-kozak.jpg

2T/$102M (probably didn't need to spend the second token as the only other entrant, I bid over in the initial round and he didn't bid in the 1st Round, so I put in a last-second bid just in case he sniped me):

Season 71 - Week 4-pc-mustapha-haouli.jpg

As a result, the injured Garaev (age 25, 5*/149Q, 21 appearances-4 MoM-10 goals-5 assists) and midfielder Emrah Topalan (age 25, 3*/139Q, 100-0-10-4) departed the club for $103M and $100M, respectively.

The tanking squad was put in for the following League match, and they performed well but eventually lost 1-2, Liam Cashman heading in an Omar Hansen free-kick in the 87th minute. Central defender David Zhelev made his 100th appearance for Casuals in this match.

Season 71 - Week 4-pc-david-zhelev-100.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 09-30-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

2 injuries and a red card, gee thanks!

Season 71 - Week 4-le1.jpg
    Season 71 - Week 4-le2.png

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Won league game 4-2
    talisman, Gert Funck and Kylos like this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Addicted
    Teda played a CL game and made a 2:0 win to secure the group top seat.

The league match is awful, we scored 2 goals then conceded 2 so a 2:2 draw put us on the second and 5 points behind the leader. We are having some troubles here since the wingers cannot perform very well, although I heavily rely on them to score or assist.
    Gert Funck and nikolgiorgos like this.

Palace teams final roundup, Wednesday...

Desert Rats FC had an early afternoon Champions League Group match, at home to the Group leaders, and won 3-2. After going behind to a direct free-kick in only the 5th minute, the Rats asserted themselves, Vinnie Taylor equalising mid-way through the half and Francisco Pelissier scoring a second on the stroke of half-time. Taylor put the home side two goals to the good in the last quarter-hour, and the visitors pulled a goal back a minute from time. Desert Rats are still second in the table, and need a point to ensure progression beyond the Group stage.

Desert Rats League appointment was at home to a team from the lower reaches of the table, and for most of the game, they struggled to make an impact. The visitors took the lead in the 52nd minute, and this sparked the Rats into a furious attacking period in response. Vinnie Taylor equalised with 20 minutes to go, and the Management made a few personnel changes as they tried to get a final breakthrough. In the 90th minute, an opposition attack ended in a shot which hit the post, and defender James Broomes immediately launched the loose ball upfield, where substitute striker Steve Haddou collected, and fed a pass to fellow striker Albert O'Toole, who lashed the ball past the visitors' 'keeper for the winner.

Palace Terriers away League game saw their two overnight signings making their debuts. The first-half could be described as routine and calm, GK Jayantha Ahamed and Stanislav Dolgoborodov scoring to put the Terriers two up at the break. After half-time, however, all hell broke loose:

Season 71 - Week 4-s04-league-hl-round-9.jpgSeason 71 - Week 4-s04-league-ms-round-9.jpgSeason 71 - Week 4-s04-league-pr-round-9.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 09-30-2015 at 09:57 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    After 1 month busy..Im back with my 4 teams...
    Last season result was not so good..

Dangbros United (Level 26) finished at 4th ..lost the title at the last day with a Lost with 1 point apart from the champion and level point with 2nd and 3rd place...no title for CL or CUP

Tuan DM FC (level 25) finished as champion of league but only 3rd place in CL and quater final in CUP ...

Winning Eleven (level 17) was double champion ..no title in Cup

ManchesterUnited (level 12) was league champion only...

I saw in Spanish newspaper that Fc Barcelona get 13 injuries in two months...

Probably Top eleven is thinking in sponsor the club LOL

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Hand up those of us who haven't done this, in one form or another - it's just a bugger that it's in such an important match...
    1st and last, thats for sure... Now we have to stress for the last match, 1 point behind 2nd, we need to qualify!
    talisman and nikolgiorgos like this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Sitting 4th, bought two 18yr nordgens for 70 million. have a 36 hour break from league, hopefully they aren't fragile failures. Not terrible trainers for high 5*. Sold a DC/DR and made 4 million on a 1T ST transfer flip. I will crack 500m total value on my next friendly. i almost feel bad about spending 190 million gross on transfers in this season but i am sick of promotion fights and want back in CL.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 10-01-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    Kylos and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Lost league game 2-1
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4