Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Mythbusters of top eleven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You're missing the point. Height is one minor factor along with many other factors. Sure, taller players may have a height advantage, but what if they are not strong? They would get bullied off the ball by stronger players, even if they are shorter. Or what if they are not fast? Then faster players can run around them. And then, shorter defenders can still succeed if they are brave tacklers, or if they are great jumpers and headers, or if they have great positioning.

I'd say it's wise to have at least one tall defender so you don't get dominated on crosses, but that doesn't mean that tall defenders are automatically OP. There are so many variables within the game.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    You're missing the point. Height is one minor factor along with many other factors. Sure, taller players may have a height advantage, but what if they are not strong? They would get bullied off the ball by stronger players, even if they are shorter. Or what if they are not fast? Then faster players can run around them. And then, shorter defenders can still succeed if they are brave tacklers, or if they are great jumpers and headers, or if they have great positioning.

I'd say it's wise to have at least one tall defender so you don't get dominated on crosses, but that doesn't mean that tall defenders are automatically OP. There are so many variables within the game.
    Exactly. This is 2016, where computer speeds are fast. We should not get stuck in the era where each stat affects only one specific aspect of the game.

I know some of you really want to simplify the details of the game in order to understand them, but too bad this is life and not all things are so simplistic.
    Season 71, Level 61