Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy
  • 3 Post By t11_fan
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: what are the best formations that you can easily switch from defense to attack?

what are the best formations that you can easily switch from defense to attack?

My "assistant manager" is always trying to put me on the opposite command that I'm currently in so what would be a few strong formations with little subbing and player movement required where I could do this?

is a 4-4-2 pretty much good for all three? defense, normal, attack?

this is a hard question, you are better off training/buying players of multiple positions so you can be more flexible in game with your setup. 4-4-2 is quite balanced but will always be weak to AMCs and central attacking formations. When's I've played 4-4-2 i've changed my passing style along with my attacking orders, usually, short for normal, long for defensive, and mixed for attacking..
    cookizzz likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

451V is good at both attack and defence. And you can transform it to some different formation if you have multiple position players.
    Ex top eleven player

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    And you can transform it to some different formation if you have multiple position players.
    Exactly. This is the key to make transformation.
    This is my new team.
    The first group are the new fast trainers. I gave them some extra positions.
    The second are just simple players from the market.
    The third group are low q players (0t academy), to keep low my q avg
    With 15 players i can do rotation or to change formation during the game.

what are the best formations that you can easily switch from defense to attack?-team-d8.jpg
    t11_fan and cookizzz like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    With 15 players i can do rotation or to change formation during the game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEAM D8.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	55376
    If only market was full of such players
    Ex top eleven player

Nik do you not play 3n/2 (DML DMR)?
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Yes, never. I don't use DML & DMR. It's like Marcelo of Real/Brazil (or Roberto Carlos). I like to watch him in the games, but I don't know what exactly he is playing.
    Is he a good defender ? a mid.f. player ? a good winger
    3DC-DML-DMR-3MC-2ST is one of the toughest d. formations. When I finish a game against such teams and win with a 1-0 I 'm glad
    But I don't like playing to win with 1-0, so I don't play it.
    Why not playing a 5d-3-2 def/counters ?
    Playing with DMR & DML who are also DML-ML-AML & DMR-MR-AMR and using arrows (or positions) to make them defenders or wingers sounds interesting.
    But it's very rare to find such players in the market and having another couple for back up. Only in scout list you can find them (or find nordgen and "build" them).
    But then, where I should give the earning sp ? Equally ? Maybe then they aren't playing so good as defenders or wingers (as the original ones). I always give the sp of my wingers to attack and M&P. And they 're performing good.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 10-14-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    t11_fan and cookizzz like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I agree that they do have their use in defensive formations but are limited in the tactics that you can use them with. You can't exactly play that formation vs a narrow diamond and expect to win. Snoozefest too.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Pitches View Post
    My "assistant manager" is always trying to put me on the opposite command that I'm currently in so what would be a few strong formations with little subbing and player movement required where I could do this?

is a 4-4-2 pretty much good for all three? defense, normal, attack?
    I think 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-3, butterfly or 4-5-1 v are great for it. These formations i ve tried. But maybe there*are some more.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Famous
    This depends on the composition of your squad, especially the number of players who can play multiple positions.

As 35T manager, I cannot afford to buy or make too many versatile players as nikolgiorgos. But I will try to find some kinds of versatile players as far as possible so that I can made in match changes even without substitutions.

At defense line, I usually have at least 1 DR/DC or DR/DL, 1 DMC/DC. I usually use 4 defenders, these players help me to change to 3 defender line if necessary.

My team always have 4 wingers who can play 2 positions. Usually I prefer AML/ML or AMR/MR because I seldom use AMC. But I prefer at least one of the wingers can play AMC so that I can use in special cases.

With these squad compositions, generally my team will play 4-5-1v, 4-4-2, or 4-5-1flat. Right wingers are often switched from AMR to MR and vice versa depending on the mind of my team during a match. This is the same for left wingers. Sometimes, my team will easily change to 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond, 4-3-2(AMR & AML)-1, even some asymmetric formations without players out of their natural positions.

what are the best formations that you can easily switch from defense to attack?-my-squad.jpg
    Last edited by cookizzz; 10-17-2015 at 10:34 AM.