Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Worst start in the league despite having the best avarage quality squad.

Nice.But I play short passing when I go through the middle and mixed when going down the flanks.And when pressing high I turn on offside trap.But nothing's going right at the start of this season.Hope I'll do better in later stages.

I set up my formation and tactics to counter opponent too. Usually my problems are based on form, not on tactics or formation. That means my teams mostly have more BP than opponent.
    I'm not sure what is main problem in your team, but I'd suggest you few things:
    Your formations:
    451V is good all around formation, weak on 43n3
    3n52V is useful against formations without flanks in mildfield (like narrow diamond)
    Your tactics:
    Use red arrows on DL and DR if opponent has no (A)ML/R. You don't need to use them on AML/R, they are offensive players by default so arrows won't make some additional effect.
    Focus passing through wings when opponent has dense mildfield (and usually 2 fullbacks, no wide mildfielders)
    Focus passing through middle when oppo has 1-2 central mildfielders (AMC/MC/DMC), otherwise use mixed.
    Use long passing against strong opponents which have 5 mildfielders, short against weak teams.
    Use high pressing against defensive formations (like 541), low against balanced or offensive formations (442, 343, 352)
    Use mostly zonal marking, man ot man against weak teams

Few other tips:
    you don't need to combine through middle passing if you already use narrow formation which is by default middle-based.
    Check stats during the match, for eg. if passing is under 80%, change passing settings (lenght)....
    Last edited by t11_fan; 10-24-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Ex top eleven player

Thank you very much for taking time and giving me these great tactical suggestions.These suggestions will surely prove to be invaluable for my team.
    t11_fan likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    try 4-5-1V, defense with counter, even if your oppo is weaker and you have ball possession.
    You maybe be surprised.
    Also give lv1/min bonus maybe to see some reaction.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I suggest to you 4-4-2, play defensive mixed zonal own half normal tackling if opponent is weaker if opponent stronger hard but watch the faults, arrows red on the flanks and blue on both mcs, if works leave like that until you feel the team is playing well then start to go forward normal and attack, with attack play short pass and if opponent weaker turn on offiside trap, defensive use counter on. Against ND use 3-5-2v, 4-4-2 not always work against it.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk
    Shafin Shoaib and BeckStar like this.

E. Meter's form is dipping

Quote Originally Posted by Shafin Shoaib View Post
    I play short passing when I go through the middle and mixed when going down the flanks.And when pressing high I turn on offside trap.But nothing's going right at the start of this season.Hope I'll do better in later stages.
    I generally don't go through the middle, I mostly play 4-2N-2W-2 or 5-2N-2W-1. If he has just one player in central area(MC and DMC) then play 4-3N-2W-1, through the middle. Never lost.
    If only one player in the flanks then play 4-2-2-2 or other formations with wingbacks. With this strategy I have won all 6 league games so far.
    Form is king. Even my 1* player performs pretty good because of my team's overall good form. I will use win bonus for the first time in league tommorrow, for the top of the table clash (to solidify my position).
    One advice, as a last straw— if you don't find yourself in top 4 (just promoting is worse than not promoting to me–I want the CL spot which I always get...) then tank. Play illegal formations, player out of positions, etc. Then start over the next season.
    Try to advance the first round of cup. If you've done that, then your team should be in-form and boosting in morale.

Best of luck!
    Shafin Shoaib likes this.

Hi,

Much said over the tactics I have one more thought on this, Team chemistry, based on an experience I had two seasons ago. Was in the 5th season in a league with many active managers and teams with good records. My team was performing exceptionally well going undefeated till the mid part of the season, taking a lead of 9 points. I was playing 3 star players too who had been with the team for 4 or 5 seasons. Thought that if I had more strong players, probably I would sail through the season and win it. I bought in 5 star players and benched my lesser rated players. The result, my team went into slump from undefeated streak to the worst losing streak I had. Lost seven games in a row, regardless the strength of the opponent. Got knocked out of CL and cup in back to back matches and reached mid table from top. It never got back the old form although it stabilized and somehow managed some draws and wins only to lose the league on goal difference. I am not sure if team chemistry is a thing in TE, but I have always felt so especially on bringing in new players. May be your team will start performing better soon. Good luck.
    Shafin Shoaib likes this.

Thanks.I think I'm facing the same problem.Buying new 5 star players & selling the in form 4 star players was a bad decisions which I made.

Pro
    Based on your form of the players of the first page there is not much to complain about. Lots of 7-8-9's. The game just trolls your from time to time. I had a team which was in the lead for 13 points and then my performance dropped from average 7,9 to 6,1 loosing all games and ending up third that season. The drop in form was for 6 of my players (MC/wingers/Str).

All you can do is try stuff around untill you find the right form. Switch your mc's around. Switch your strikers around. Do it during the match to see if they improve on the other side of the field. It helps sometimes. I use the same style as you and it helped me.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast