View Poll Results: Is something going wrong with the strikers lately ?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, something going wrong with the strikers lately.

82 84.54%
  • No, it’s the same as ever was.

15 15.46%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is something going wrong with the strikers lately ?

Who's scoring the goals? Not the STs in the Palace teams. With Casuals it's been like that for a long time, due to the 4-5-1V. defensive/counter/flanks the team is set up for. Terriers are a more attack-oriented side and use flanks less regularly than Casuals but still the STs are not scoring as many as the other players...

Casuals
    Is something  going wrong with the strikers  lately ?-goal-scorers.png

Terriers
    Is something  going wrong with the strikers  lately ?-goal-scorers.png
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Strikers are overrated...
    what do you mean ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I cant say I have noticed a problem.

My current strikers are banging them in for fun, so much so that one is on 45+ goals already this season (not too sure but think its 48 for the season so far)

He's that prolific he even has his own tribute thread -

http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...lt-foster.html

It's the same way since i start play the game, like 3 months ago, if you play with AML, AMR, they will score more than your ST.

it's quite normal, see that CR7 always scores more than Benzema for an example

Pro
    @Kynan: I don't think your legendary striker is a good example of a striker who doesn't score enough. He is simply exceptionally good
    kynan likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

My ST definitely is getting outplayed by my wingers, the past 2 seasons my wingers have been getting the jobs done. Every ST I have got has been average, nothing special...
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Pro
    My striker (6 star 47Q and FK SA) in my second team is scoring like mad with 27 goals and 11 assists in 24 matches but.......

My AMR is doing 29 goals and 11 assists in 31 matches and my 4 star AML is doing 23 goals and 5 assists in 31 matches. My 4 star MR is even doing 19 goals and 11 assists in 29 matches. Funny stuff.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

For me the problem is with GKs. Marek Maly showed 6-5-6-6-6 and even the GKs in my TM have showed no more than 6.
    My top scorer is Jan Dressler (ST), 11/21. I generally play with red arrows on wingbacks, and they average about a goal every 4 matches. Everyone in my squad has a goal bar the GK, and I don't bother who's scoring if the goals come.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @Kynan: I don't think your legendary striker is a good example of a striker who doesn't score enough. He is simply exceptionally good
    yeah, this is for sure exceptional but tell me Kynan, if I remember well (I saw Fosters thread), he also had some 7s.
    How comes ?
    and your team, if I remember, it's a 7* team (the main squad), so in most of the games you dominate, have ball possession, shots and a 9* ST.
    It's the same way since i start play the game, like 3 months ago, if you play with AML, AMR, they will score more than your ST.
    it's quite normal, see that CR7 always scores more than Benzema for an example
    things were different before 3 seasons.
    CR7 is a unique player but in my 3 teams, I use 3 players for wingers and 3 players for ST.
    All the wingers are playing at least good and from 9 ST, only two playing just descent.
    This is for 2-3 seasons now.
    Also almost all MC playing good.
    If you search older posts, you could see some saying "do you have any good MC ?"
    legendqueen likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

My two main strikers are doing ok this season, one has scored 11 in 13 league games and the other has scored 11 in 14 league games, my main scorer is my AMC, he has scored 19 goals in 14 league games, I'm top by 6 points so I can't complain.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast