Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Post your cup format suggestion here

Banned

Post your cup format suggestion here

Post your cup format suggestion here
    These are mine:128 teams banded in 4 levels.... 32 from each level. all putted together in groups of 4 (1 team from each level). only 1 game against every team in the groups stage. then the winner of every group enter the top 32 round.

with this format token and non token buyers are not disadvantaged, and more... you can have a great competion from the last 32 towards final.
    What's your thoughts??

if the 4 level is a gap too high what about this: 96 teams from 3 levels. all putted together in groups of 3 (1 from each level). Home and away matches and the winner goes to last 32

if you don't like groups stage: 128 teams from 4 levels. 32 from each. first round level higher vs level lower, mid level vs mid level. winner of first rounds enter the last 64. loser came up in a last 64 round too. then you have 2 different trophies. one serie A Cup and one serie B cup... of course with different prizes

Again another one: 152 teams from 6 different levels. 96 from three lower levels (32,32,32). 52 from upper levels (28,16,8). first rounds played by only lower levels. the 32 lower face the 32 higher... the 32 mid level face themself. then the 48 winners face themself until they remain 12. this 12 win the intertoto trophy and enter last 64 against higher levels teams
    Last edited by CarlTaut; 03-11-2013 at 04:24 PM.

More money!
    CarlTaut and Le Monsieur like this.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Banned
    sure mor money reward is something to begin with!

If the game sticks to the current cup - then we do need more prize money. we don't need any other stucture than the current 128 KO system, It's just the clubs we play and the level of the opposition we face.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    If the game sticks to the current cup - then we do need more prize money. we don't need any other stucture than the current 128 KO system, It's just the clubs we play and the level of the opposition we face.
    I don't like very much 128 KO system, anyway i agree with you. More money from prizes and different teams quality are the first things to touch

The old system was fine, actually. Under the new system, prize money will have to be around the level of CL prize money.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

would be awesome to get more moneyz but the format is awesome to play against ppl near our quality <3
    CarlTaut likes this.
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gafaton View Post
    would be awesome to get more moneyz but the format is awesome to play against ppl near our quality <3
    I know... i'm for this new format too. But honestly i must admit that token buyers suffer a big disadvantage. Every season they will be lower level in cup. So their opponents can buy 5* players easy on the market, when they must pay more to try to remain competitive.
    I think that (if you all don't want group stages) the last format i proposed is the real deal. You have with it two trophy: 1 lower levels teams and 1 for the "big sharks". And still lower levels can access to the big shark board. And most important you will be the underdog and the favourite one just in few season, with token buyers not being disadvantaged

So if I want it easy, I just have to lose my first round Cup tie? After I make it through the first round and enter the "big shark" Cup, I could get eliminated in the first round, and do worse than teams who lost their first round and go on to do well in the "underdog" Cup, I don't think that's fair. What about prize money differences? And there are many who don't read official announcements, though, and will be confused when they lose but still have Cup matches.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League