Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Staggy Stagg
  • 1 Post By Amane Ito

Thread: Tips to tank?

Tips to tank?

Difficult league draw, avg. 26 vs my 21.8
    I'll try to win the cup, CL also difficult. By the end of season, I predict, players of my 17-man squad will be 2* or less. How to tank?
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

What level are you now?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Difficult league draw, avg. 26 vs my 21.8
    I'll try to win the cup, CL also difficult. By the end of season, I predict, players of my 17-man squad will be 2* or less. How to tank?
    How can you make 2* or less team without promotion? All of 2* players should come from youth academy. You cannot buy these players. At low level you may have only 1 new academy player in whole season. How many season did you tank? Do you train your players?

Tank by using a illegal formation, with players out of position and the GK or GKs out positoon in the field. Waste condition and don't waste in morale, and no bonus and no attend and done. Thats how I do it.

Addicted
    The way that the leagues are now made up makes tanking difficult. Tank a season and you will be put into a league and cup the next season with teams of similar quality and may struggle again. I just run seasons without buying new players and sometimes get promoted until I am in a position to buy players at 3* above the average of the league on day3 and then hopefully win the league. Takes patience but I think tanking is virtually finished.
    Bunzo likes this.

I wouldn't go for 0 attendance unless you are well off in cash.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    How can you make 2* or less team without promotion? All of 2* players should come from youth academy. You cannot buy these players. At low level you may have only 1 new academy player in whole season. How many season did you tank? Do you train your players?
    Level 4, never tanked.

Rookie
    I attempted to tank slightly last season when I realised I couldn't win the league without heftily investing more coins , so I dropped to 8th and got to CL final but lost (level 10).

However Nordeus promoted me from 8th anyway and gave me 50m even though I was outside the top 7 zone. Perhaps I attended too many matches or won too many games or team was too much quality in stars for that level hmmm

On Matchday 5 I'm tied for first with 2 others. So I think it's useless to tank, unbeaten in League and cup. The 2 losses I've suffered are in CL, which is my ATM.

Dreamer
    When you are under level 10 you can easily reach CL each season spending less than 20 tokens a season, there is no reason to tank whatsoever.

You can, however, keep two teams with weak team for the league and strong team for the cup, in order to earn fans while keeping your level low. It is ridiculously tiresome to rotate the team every time to match the schedule however...
    Kaizer Franz likes this.