Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Money struggles

Money struggles

I am on my first season, and I am quickly running low on money. I have around 2 mil which is good to buy 1 or 2 young fast training players. I'm not sure how to make a substantial amount of money on anything, which is my question. I know you can sell players, but I would only get a few hundred thousand at most for anyone I am willing to sell. Please give me some advice, thx.

Addicted
    You might want to try to watch videos to earn some cash and other packs.

If you have tokens you can also exchange tokens into cash; or if you play by spending real money you certainly can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by alines6 View Post
    I am on my first season, and I am quickly running low on money. I have around 2 mil which is good to buy 1 or 2 young fast training players. I'm not sure how to make a substantial amount of money on anything, which is my question. I know you can sell players, but I would only get a few hundred thousand at most for anyone I am willing to sell. Please give me some advice, thx.

First obvious choice: transform tokens into coins.

If that doesn't cut it, try to get free transfers off the market, possibly for 1 token and as young as possible. At the same time, try and find those who are quality x4 or x9, then sell them for a multiple. Of course, on lvl 1 that might prove a bit tricky since there are fewer potential buyers for the quality of players at your disposal.

Don't spend if you don't absolutely have to (win bonuses, for example).

Upgrade your stadium in installments, i.e. step-by-step seating upgrade rather than the whole stadium - it rewards you with more and faster income, and it'll upgrade for the same amount and over the same period of time.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by lastman; 11-25-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Addicted
    Just bear with it. Over the first few seasons you do not have to spend huge amounts on top class players, you should get promoted anyway and reep the prize money. Only build your team so that it is good enough to win. You do not need a 6* team to win the league and so you can start accumulating money by being really careful in the transfer market, check out your opposition and buy to beat them not massacre them. Also the more important thing is tokens and if you have only just started then take advantage of the free offers available from surveys etc. There is a link to this but sadly I cannot find it at the moment. Just scour the forum and you will find some wonderful advice.
    BeckStar likes this.

Famous
    After implementing "sell now" function, I have not seen a free agent which can be signed & then sold. If you are in Level 1, I guess that there are some such free agents. But their qualities are 14 or below. I think it is not realistic to rely on signing these players for sale as a income source.

Sorry that I have no solution for level 1 players to earn quick money other than paying real cash. Probably you may sell high wage and slow training players to reduce payroll. As I remember, it was hard to sell players at level 1. I even sacked 1 or 2 of them at that time.

In fact, I don't support buy token at this stage. It is easy to play in level 1. 4 star team is very sufficient to win. And it is the time to learn, including team management and financial management. As I remember, there are a lot of young fast trainers in the level 1 teams when I took over them. These players are useful for many seasons. I rarely got players who can serve my team for so many seasons in higher levels (Note: I lack tokens, so I cannot afford to participate bidding war for fast trainers. So I lack crazy fast trainers.).

At low levels, the priority for using cash is investing on the facilities. You will be in disadvantage in long term if you delay to build them.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    After implementing "sell now" function, I have not seen a free agent which can be signed & then sold. If you are in Level 1, I guess that there are some such free agents. But their qualities are 14 or below. I think it is not realistic to rely on signing these players for sale as a income source.

Sorry that I have no solution for level 1 players to earn quick money other than paying real cash. Probably you may sell high wage and slow training players to reduce payroll. As I remember, it was hard to sell players at level 1. I even sacked 1 or 2 of them at that time.

In fact, I don't support buy token at this stage. It is easy to play in level 1. 4 star team is very sufficient to win. And it is the time to learn, including team management and financial management. As I remember, there are a lot of young fast trainers in the level 1 teams when I took over them. These players are useful for many seasons. I rarely got players who can serve my team for so many seasons in higher levels (Note: I lack tokens, so I cannot afford to participate bidding war for fast trainers. So I lack crazy fast trainers.).

At low levels, the priority for using cash is investing on the facilities. You will be in disadvantage in long term if you delay to build them.
    Which facilities are most important?

With a little patience, you won't have to enter bidding wars. Most of my fast trainers I get for 1-2 tokens. Of course, they're not necessarily x4/x9 quality, but since they're fast trainers...

Yeah, what he said: You should have a building project going at all times.
    cookizzz likes this.

All of them, for varying reasons.

Medical gives you Red packs and reduces the time for recovery from injury - you will get an extra Red pack if you don't get any bookings in a match you attend.
    Training gives you Green packs - if you are present at the match always do one substitution - this will give you one more Green pack.
    Commercial gives you extra money on your home match day, the amount varies depending on your match attendance.
    Improve your pitch to reduce the chances of injuries happening.
    Add extra seats, update the stadium to give you bigger attendances and therefore more money.
    Improve parking as this facilitates the attendance increases for your larger capacity stadium.
    Maximise the revenue from your matchday attendance by increasing your ticket price by one each match until attendance starts to drop off then go back one.
    The Youth setup gives you young players occasionally, useful in the early seasons when they will be of a quality similar to the main squad, but once you have mostly 5*/6*, the 'free' one will be useful for signing and selling to raise funds.
    Stadium lights and scoreboard don't appear to affect anything but you will need to upgrade them eventually to do stadium upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    All of them, for varying reasons.

Medical gives you Red packs and reduces the time for recovery from injury - you will get an extra Red pack if you don't get any bookings in a match you attend.
    You get the packs, the rest is just hooey...

Improve your pitch to reduce the chances of injuries happening.
    You'll have to upgrade at some point, but it doesn't do anything at all; same as above - just cosmetic...

Maximise the revenue from your matchday attendance by increasing your ticket price by one each match until attendance starts to drop off then go back one.
    Very important, this one. Since you're dealing with little margins all over the place, you won't want to miss this: Always go for a sell-out rather than the maximum possible income here since it'll give you the few extra % in possession which in turn increases your chance of winning.

The Youth setup gives you young players occasionally, useful in the early seasons when they will be of a quality similar to the main squad, but once you have mostly 5*/6*, the 'free' one will be useful for signing and selling to raise funds.
    Ought to be one of your first builds/upgrades.

When planning the upgrades, try to make sure not to waste any days without building anything. Also try to schedule the upgrades so that you won't interrupt 'pay-out' cycles, i.e. start the upgrade of the medical facilities on the day you receive red packs, training facilities on the day you receive green packs, youth on the day you receive youth players, and you're good to go

Famous
    I forget the names of the facilities as I have completed building them for a long time. In my opinion, the facilities generating green (rest) packs and red (treatment) packs are important as benefits are tangible. Quality of pitch is also important as it can reduce injuries.

You need not worry too much about deciding facility to be built. You do not have full freedom to choose. You are not allowed to continue to upgrade one type of facility before all other facilities also upgraded to a high enough level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lastman View Post
    With a little patience, you won't have to enter bidding wars. Most of my fast trainers I get for 1-2 tokens. Of course, they're not necessarily x4/x9 quality, but since they're fast trainers...
    Yes. That's what I always do.

When teams reached a certain levels, there are very few fast trainers available in market because all managers know that they are valuable. Even those non-x4/x9 fast trainers are not easy to acquire.

BTW, in fact, those x4/x9 players in market are less likely fast trainers.

Even though I always only spend 1 or 2 tokens on successful bids, there are some 1 or 2 tokens wasted on failed bids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast