Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By El Pistolero
  • 1 Post By Gert Funck
  • 2 Post By Staggy Stagg
  • 2 Post By gogs67
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Goalies in squad: One or Two?

Goalies in squad: One or Two?

Recently Ishorik was just total s--t so he was sold off. McElrean is my only GK. So the question— is it worthwhile to keep two GKs in squad? Forget about 3
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I would say yes. I used to risk using the sub slot for another player to be on the bench until my GK got injured.
    It's best to be safe than sorry. Also it's useful to have a rotational sub for CL group matches to rest your GK.

if he isn't subbed nothing happens. I have played several matches where the keeper got injured. It is some sort of bug.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Addicted
    If you have enough reds to cover an injury then I would go with 1 GK and save money. Of course this also depends on how much money you have but a reserve GK is not an essential.
    nikolgiorgos and Gert Funck like this.

Famous
    1 goalie. I have won a game before when my keeper got injured in the 7th minute and I decided not to bring on a sub to see what happens. Only ever had 1 keeper since then, unless it's an academy keeper that i sign to sell on.
    nikolgiorgos and Gert Funck like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    1 goalie. I have won a game before when my keeper got injured in the 7th minute and I decided not to bring on a sub to see what happens. Only ever had 1 keeper since then, unless it's an academy keeper that i sign to sell on.
    agree
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I have 2 GKs in my squads - one plays until he gets a duff rating then he has a few matches off until the other one falters, then he gets another chance, usually performing better. Also useful if you have two closely scheduled matches, where you can play one on the first match and swap to the other for the second...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Addicted
    i go for 2 goalies....my number 1 is always on the field (fast train, 17.6M value, 20 yrs old, one-on-one defense skill) and my sub (23 yrs old, with one-on-one defense skills) only 8.7M value but still top five stars (and i got him only 6.2M) i am not going to train him, just use as a sub if my number 1 got hurt in game and kind of play in some minor game to get some rest for my number 1~ so, surely need 2 goalies~

well, so far my sub is not bad... only play in 5 game... (2 league and 3 CL...) with rating 7-8, 8-8-8
    my number 1 played 7 league, 2 CL, 6 CUP, rating 9-7-6-7-8; 8-6 ; 7-8-7-7-7
    Last edited by Ahlony Wong; 12-24-2015 at 01:13 AM.

I had played an entire season with 1 goalie — Marek Maly in Season 3 I guess. One good thing about a single GK is you don't have to worry about the other dropping morale. So when he comes back, his performance is totally bogus. That's what happened to Ishorik. So I tried to experiment. McElrean is showing dangerous form of 8-8-8-8-7 (where in the last match he conceded 3.) So I guess it's safe. They have never got injured, at least in my case.
    Last edited by Arion; 12-24-2015 at 08:10 AM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.