Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Down the flanks?

Down the flanks?

Is everyone doing well down the flanks it just me having problems with my team, I have good players to play wide formations but lately its not working att all.

Mine are playing well with 4-2-2-2.

I tend to focus mixed flanks though. No point putting focus in flanks unless you have to (DMC blocking the centre)

What formation are you using?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by FVS0777 View Post
    Is everyone doing well down the flanks it just me having problems with my team, I have good players to play wide formations but lately its not working att all.
    I'm fine with down flanks..my formation is 3w-1-2-2-2..my 2 wingers even score 2/3 of total goals in all competition

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Mine are playing well with 4-2-2-2.

I tend to focus mixed flanks though. No point putting focus in flanks unless you have to (DMC blocking the centre)

What formation are you using?
    I use either 4-4-2 4-2-2-2 4-5-1v 3-5-2v but apart of last one that I counter narrow formations its nor working but I play always down the flanks never mixed

Imo, they've made 4-4-2 a little stronger. Focus flanks of opponent had no fullbacks or has a strong DMC.

I'm using 4-2-2-2 with no arrows.

Normal mentality
    Mixed focus
    Short passing
    No counter
    Press high
    Hard tackling
    Zonal marking
    No offside

If losing change to attacking, mixed or long, down flanks, play offside, red arrows on full backs

Try that out and if your wingers aren't playing well then it is your players (or blame me) :P
    Lastly, if you see one winger playing noticeably better than your other midfielders, focus down his flank for a bit, see how he plays with more possession.

I used it today and won 3-0 easily.

Good luck.

Imo, they've made 4-4-2 a little stronger. Focus flanks of opponent had no fullbacks or has a strong DMC.

I'm using 4-2-2-2 with no arrows.

Normal mentality
    Mixed focus
    Short passing
    No counter
    Press high
    Hard tackling
    Zonal marking
    No offside

If losing change to attacking, mixed or long, down flanks, play offside, red arrows on full backs

Try that out and if your wingers aren't playing well then it is your players (or blame me) :P
    Lastly, if you see one winger playing noticeably better than your other midfielders, focus down his flank for a bit, see how he plays with more possession.

I used it today and won 3-0 easily.

Good luck.
    Thanks it must be just my players, not performing as it should.

Me too, down the flanks. Like El Pisterio, I play a hell lot of 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2, even then I put red arrows on the wingers. Don't have an AMC, now training Rose, so 4-2-3-1 isn't possible. But it works best if you have a shadow striker AMC.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
    El Pistolero and FVS0777 like this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Dreamer
    My AML is doing great. 24 goals out of 25 matches. On the other hand, my AMR, which has been great up until this season, is hardly to be seen. 4-5-1 V, which was my standard formation last season, isn't working for me this season at all. I'm getting some nice statistics (and sometimes even results) with 4-3-2W-1 though, so I'll stick to that for a while.
    Last edited by Duncton; 12-02-2015 at 07:44 PM.
    El Pistolero and FVS0777 like this.

Here is proof in my method. Some people hide their tactics through insecurity or they think it's a big secret but truth is we all know just as much as the next guy how this game works. You just need a footballing brain, that's it.

Down the flanks?-image.jpg

He lined up with 4-1-2-1-2 narrow so all I did was switch my LB to CB centre and my RB to CB right and my CB to DMC as they play multi positions. I lined up with 3-5-2v Now for orders, all I changed was zonal to man to man as tactics are mirrored and down both flanks so I don't waste possession down the middle.

You can see I scored 2 goals with Escobar, my El Niño in the first half, with a rating of 9 I focused down his flank and he grabbed a hat trick.

How did you get on, FVSO?

Here is proof in my method. Some people hide their tactics through insecurity or they think it's a big secret but truth is we all know just as much as the next guy how this game works. You just need a footballing brain, that's it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	58513

He lined up with 4-1-2-1-2 narrow so all I did was switch my LB to CB centre and my RB to CB right and my CB to DMC as they play multi positions. I lined up with 3-5-2v Now for orders, all I changed was zonal to man to man as tactics are mirrored and down both flanks so I don't waste possession down the middle.

You can see I scored 2 goals with Escobar, my El Niño in the first half, with a rating of 9 I focused down his flank and he grabbed a hat trick.

How did you get on, FVSO?
    I won the cup match against 4-51 v 3-0 I used a mixed formation 4-1-2-1-2 but use my star mr/ amp as mr so was kind narrow diamond and worked very well, we dominated the match, on the league I won 6-1 with wide diamond and second half I change to the previous formation can't take much of notice as the team was bottom of the league, tomorrow I gonna use 4-5-1 v again to see if the things back to normal, I do use 3-5-2 v against any narrow formation and it hasn't fail me since last season but the only thing I always do is attack to work better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    El Pistolero likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast