Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Troll results eh, what about these

Addicted

Troll results eh, what about these

BBC Sport - Bournemouth 2-1 Manchester United

BBC Sport - Chelsea 0-1 Bournemouth

Yes unusual results happen all over the place. Please stop complaining if everything does not go to your plan.
    t11_fan and Bruno4 like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    BVB Dortmund - PAOK Salonica 0-1
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Getafe 5-0 FC Barcelona (Copa del rey some years ago, after a 4-0 in Camp nou lolo)

@Staggy Stagg
    ManUtd and Chelsea are so bad that everyone can beat them so those aren't troll results anymore
    Gert Funck and mani8005 like this.
    Ex top eleven player

Addicted
    But t11_fan Bournemouth's record prior to those 2 games was w2, d4, l8 and were in the bottom 3. Manure were in top 4 and Chelski have so much money and 'tokens' they expect to win every time. That is the point I was trying to make. Tokens and spending money does not guarantee success. The game is not fixed but just trying to reflect what is happening in some leagues. Personally I am bored with La Liga and the Bundesliga and many other leagues that only have 1 or 2 teams that can win. In effect T11 are producing a more exciting and competitive competition and I salute them for doing it, although I do not agree with everything they do or how they arrange the leagues. But I live with it and adapt my strategy to suit and do not complain when an occassional result or season does not go in my favour.
    t11_fan likes this.

@Staggy Stagg
    I agree with you. That is why BPL is so popular and more entertaining to watch than Bundesliga for example. We know at the season start that Bayern has very big chances to win it and hardly some could move them from the throne. However, in BPL it isn't easy to predict winner because there are many strong teams without such big advantage in quallity as Bayern has and BPL is specific league where match outcomes are uncertain and often unpredictable. Leicester is leader in december, Chelsea near relegation zone, West Ham beats much stronger teams but loses against weak ones, Crystal Palace has 8W and 6th position... No one could have predicted that.
    I think TE tried to copy this system and they succeded to do that although TE managers aren't happy with this system. TE leagues are now unpredictable and there are many trolls, but that is why TE is more exciting (for some managers for others frustrating). I'll repeat again, I agree with you, I don't like all parts of this current system how leagues are created (too much same Q teams for my taste, I'd like some diversity).
    Staggy Stagg likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Famous
    I was 4-0 up today in the last game of the season. 14 minutes to go, I was cruising it with better possession, more shots etc and with no opponent manager watching his team proceed to score 4 goals in the next 9 minutes and the game ends 4-4.
    Nothing you can do when 'the game' wants to play like that!

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post
    @Staggy Stagg
    ... That is why BPL is so popular...
    EPL (English Premier League) please - The Scots have their own League and would not appreciate being lumped in with the rest of Britain's football...

Quote Originally Posted by t11_fan View Post

Crystal Palace has 8W and 6th position... No one could have predicted that.
    I did - they've made some good signings and retained their best players from last season - CP will have a good top-half finish this season.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Addicted
    @t11_fan
    The new league structure is my main frustration. My main team is at level 39 team and has now been promoted in 5th place to level 40 without spending tokens. This team was a 3* team in a 3* league and next season will be a 2* team and will be put in a 2* league. If I do nothing I will have a chance of another promotion. Over the last 18 seasons I have accumulated over 800 tokens and $3b without spending my own money. I am now tempted to buy a new team of scouts on day 3 and hopefully thrash everyone in the league and doing the double with the cup. This is dependant on getting through the first round of the cup though. Over the past few seasons the cup has not been kind to me.
    t11_fan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    @t11_fan
    The new league structure is my main frustration. My main team is at level 39 team and has now been promoted in 5th place to level 40 without spending tokens. This team was a 3* team in a 3* league and next season will be a 2* team and will be put in a 2* league. If I do nothing I will have a chance of another promotion. Over the last 18 seasons I have accumulated over 800 tokens and $3b without spending my own money. I am now tempted to buy a new team of scouts on day 3 and hopefully thrash everyone in the league and doing the double with the cup. This is dependant on getting through the first round of the cup though. Over the past few seasons the cup has not been kind to me.
    That Is why we play in CL group stage against teams (sometimes inactive or even bot teams) which have average quallity 2-3 stars and they get kicked out of CL easly. Last season my half-scout team Dnipro had such opponents in CL group so I've easly kicked them with 6 wins and 28-0 goal difference in the group stage. Later we won the CL. It is unfair that many strong teams are now out of CL due league draws based on quallity.
    Previous system wasn't perfect because sometimes we could have got leagues full of bot teams which is stupid in other way too. So there should be some kind of balance, for example 5x 5* teams, 5x 4* teams and 4x 3* teams
    Staggy Stagg likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast