Thread: Counter Formation for 4-1-2-1-2(HELP)

Counter Formation for 4-1-2-1-2(HELP)

Hello there, I have a match tomorrow against the first place team in my League. I have a lot of doubts on how should I counter his formation.

First of all, his formation is a 4-1-2-1-2, but its not a narrow diamond. It looks like this:

DL--------------------DC----------DC--------------------DR.

DMC

MR-----------------------------------------------------------ML

AMC

ST----------ST

I have higher average quality than him, and better players than him. Can you guys please provide me any counter formations that have the best effect against the formation above?

I think 4-4-2 flar or 4-5-1 flat can do the trick.
    They have no MC, we crowd our mid field with MCs, that definitely will give advantage in possession and passing.

3-5-2 v attack/ normal flanks short pass zonal own half Normal tackling offsides yes counter no red arrows aml amr blue on both MCs and DMC. That's how I counter it doesn't fail me for 3 seasons

Sorry just noticed its wide diamond, then 4-1-4-1 I won 6-0 on the champions league

Quote Originally Posted by TheUSAhardcoreFan View Post
    Hello there, I have a match tomorrow against the first place team in my League. I have a lot of doubts on how should I counter his formation.

First of all, his formation is a 4-1-2-1-2, but its not a narrow diamond. It looks like this:

DL--------------------DC----------DC--------------------DR.

DMC

MR-----------------------------------------------------------ML

AMC

ST----------ST

I have higher average quality than him, and better players than him. Can you guys please provide me any counter formations that have the best effect against the formation above?
    This one's called a wide diamond. Try 4-3(mc)-2w-1. Passing focus is mixed/through middle. If you're in for the title race don't forget to put max bonus.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Dreamer
    3-1-4-2

Normal
    Through the middle
    Low
    Normal
    Mixed
    Zonal