Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What instructions?

What instructions?

I have a 1-0 home lead in my cup match and have to play a better team than mine on paper.

What instructions?-game-plan.jpg

What instructions would you give your team to stand a chance of getting through this round?
    Thanks

Hard to say without knowing anything about the other team...
    ARYA FIFTYONE
    ManagementLevel: 40 (of 40)

Luck is a loser's excuse for a winner's commitment....

Without knowing anything about the other team I would say I would never arrow my players like that. This is my favorite formation. I put red arrows on AMR and AML. If I'm behind in a game, I add red arrows on DL and DR. If I'm ahead or the opponent is attack heavy, I add blue arrow on DMC. I don't see a point in putting blue arrows on the D line. It's what they do unless told otherwise.

Also, having held the opponent scoreless in the home game, I would go on the attack in the away game. If you score one, he has to score 3 to advance. If you don't score, he only has to score one to take you to PKs.
    Last edited by ponzu; 01-14-2016 at 09:06 PM.

The arrows only serve for a player to advance a little further from his position, then you need not put blue arrows on defense players because it does not retreated more than the edge of the field. Ie no need to use red arrows in ST's (Attackers) nor blue arrows in DR's DC's and DL's.
    What about the red arrow on your DMC, I would use the blue because then he would play the role of DMC and DC adiversária if the team has one training with plenty of attack. I hope I've been informative to you.
    I could visit my blog? This in my signature, thank you xD
    Steve285 likes this.
    THEY WANT MORE CONTENT TOP ELEVEN?
    How To Counter Top Eleven

URL redirection is only fitting, it will straight to the site.

Thank you for your in site. I will do what you suggest. May I ask what instructions for attack and defence you would have.

"The arrows only serve for a player to advance a little further from his position, then you need not put blue arrows on defense players because it does not retreated more than the edge of the field."

Well, basically arrows focus the player more in attack, or in defense. A defender with blue arrow will decrease the %'s of attack chances and will stay more in defense than without arrow. Same with Strikers.
    Despite all, and like always, all affect a little, slighly many times, is not something "exact" and for example I use red arrows for ST's and blue for DC's, then red for DR-DL.

Very often, the common situation is that the DC's stay in defense, but, in some ocassion, or match, they score and participe with defensers in a attack, for example DL assist and DC score.

The red arrow in DR-DL make of them ma team top scorers. really are better than the ST's.

And the red arrow in the ST, have as answer that, in many matches, they are in attack. But, is not strange in some occassion see a ST saving a counter in defense.

So, as Ive said, all, affect a little, and depens of how is raised the match, and too, the "internal base of the player", for example some MCs tend to defend, and help very good in this labour, so.... is more extense really xD

About orders... I would put red's to DL-DR and wingers, and attack focused there. Mixed passig to start and attacking. The important is to have the control of possession. If not, try change some option, as mixed to long passing and maybe attacking to defensive. Is good to have 2 groups of orders prepared.

Then if usually the man who shoot fouls and corners fail, prove another. Is good test and find one man for each work, and usually inside the team theres one better for this every season.
    Good luck

Let me know if it pans out. First time I have given advice to anyone

This season, I stopped pre-tweaking attack orders, and start every match with Normal, Mixed, Mixed, Counterattacks ON. I sometimes adjust to Attacking or Hard Attacking if I am not wining a match I expected to win. I don't always adjust in a cup situation where goal differential matters and it may be better to lose 0:1 than 0:2. I turn Counterattacks OFF if my assistant tells me. I adjust passing to Short if my pass completion is no better than 80% 25 minutes in.

For defence, I always play Low, Normal and Zonal. I set offside trap ON if the opponent does not have AMC/AML/AMR. Just something I read somewhere and it seems to be working for me. During the match, I switch Tackling to Low if I am winning comfortably and have not had any yellow cards. I turn Offside trap OFF if my assistant tells me, even if I think he is full of it.

That's what I do. I cannot tell what you should do without seeing your opponent's formation.

Since your opponent is stronger on paper, the conventional wisdom would suggest playing Defensive. But since you are trying to score at least one goal, you should go Attacking. On balance, I would say, start in Normal. If he scores, go to Attacking. Your formation lends itself to passing down both sides, but this has to make sense given his formation.

UPDATE: Go with khris' advice
    Last edited by ponzu; 01-14-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    Steve285 likes this.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

I do the exact thing as ponzu said. Also try 5-2n-2w-1, and put blue arrow on the central DC (sweeper). You can put red arrows on wingers if they have no wing midfielders (DML/R, ML/R, AML/R)
    Steve285 likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I would look to score first with pressure and then sit back and invite them on. 1 goal means he needs 3 to win.
    Steve285 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

What instructions?-capture.jpg

I thought I would go with this formation thanks to reading what you guys think.

I will set for attack, down both flanks, mixed passing and no counter attacks
    The defence will press high, normal tackling, zonal and no offside trap.
    Do you agree

The match is this afternoon and I will let you know how I get on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast