Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy
  • 1 Post By Nagu S Baragi

Thread: how can formation & tactics works effectively on our team?

Rookie

how can formation & tactics works effectively on our team?

I feel that some times some of formations doesn't works even we have better team, is this because of player imbalance or lack of chemistry or not having a one or two impact player or maybe some other reasons?
    For example team a have good players in their team but for them 4-5-1v style doesn't work's correctly, team b not having great players 4-5-1v style works great for team B, I took here only 1 formation for example, there are so many formations that doesn't works for so many teams even having good players.......

When you have multi position players it isn't surprising that it plays better at one position than the other. My DC/DMC used to play at DC when I played hexagon, and now I play 4-5-1v he plays DMC. Definitely he is now performing a way better, in fact he even netted a brace recently despite playing DMC with blue arrow. The multi position players, tho useful, can be a headache for form. Single position players don't have any choice, so they're the masters of that position.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Orders also play a significant role. You need to have a good tactical understanding. Formation, team mentality and focus passing are the 3 pillars of a team. With 5-4-1 you will of course not use attacking mentality. Same with 4-3-3. In general, if you have 5 or more players in your half always play defensive and 3 in your half always attacking. Your formation, in turn, also influences where to pass. With narrow diamond one should never pass down the flanks. In general, unless you have wing midfielders (DML, ML, AML, DMR, MR, AMR) always through the middle. With defensive wide formations I prefer down flanks, because if you lose possession in the middle remember, the goal isn't in the flanks. Team mentality influences pressing style and whether to play OT and/or CA. Attacking mentality equals high press since you wanna win the ball back quick to attack more often. Defensive mentality equals low press, since you want a compact defence to disallow any goals. CA works well with defensive mentality since you draw them close and once you get it back, long ball forward! The offside trap is extremely risky, and the less defenders the better communication, since it's all about that. I only play it when I have 3 defenders, and that definitely means I wanna attack.

Thanks Nagu for the thread, I'd been oozing with thoughts but couldn't find a thread
    Last edited by Arion; 01-16-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Buy tokens and train your striker to 10*. It's super effective and tactically brilliant.
    Arion likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yes, that's right.
    Also want to add that sometimes there are teams which playing with a weird formation but for some reason there is a chemistry in the players and the tactic and it works.
    I 'll give an example from a team I faced once, in CH.L. and lost. He almost won it, but lost the final playing with a very good team (they were in the same group too).
    When checking his team, he was 2nd in his league. I still cannot explain it than chemistry.

1st leg
    how can formation & tactics works effectively on our team?-4-27-ch-l-rates.jpg

2nd leg
    how can formation & tactics works effectively on our team?-4-29-ch-l-2nd-leg-2.jpg

formation
    how can formation & tactics works effectively on our team?-4-29-ch-l-2nd-leg.jpg

road to final
    how can formation & tactics works effectively on our team?-knock-outs.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Even we change the position of that multiple position player, still it doesn't work

You left his MR unmarked, I'm guessing he's the one that scored vs you? Either him or the LCAM? Edit: Yeah, the amc.
    You're lucky you drew imo.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Rookie
    I will tell my one experience,
    Last season I played checked 4-4-1-1 having perfect players for that formation also good quality players thats even failed to get good results against weaker teams, I checked that formation this season( players quality not good, even sometimes I put my MC in the place of AMC) it's working great for me, I'm trashing some good teams in this season,
    Arion likes this.