Thread: How many leagues are there where everyone is exactly the same skill?

How many leagues are there where everyone is exactly the same skill?

I find this a little strange, I am in a league where every single team in the league has 11 six star players in their starting line up. Does that mirror real life leagues? This makes no sense and takes any fun out of the game. Does anyone else find this just a little bit of a con?

How many leagues are there where everyone is exactly the same skill?

Hate the way the leagues are drawn out now. Boring boring. I never have consistency now because the teams I play are all equal to mine and I win some / lose some but everyone has the same situation so it's possible to move up or down the league by 5 or 6 places just by one win or defeat as everyone is so close on points.
    My league last year only 5 points separated the league champion to 7th place.

KFC Loella. Level 26
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

@ginger1178 It's certainly not the case in my league (L7). It may be more of a rule for higher leagues when everyone has read the forums or figure out for themselves the formula.

@dave1311 I am surprised this upsets you. I would welcome such draw. Presumably, your managerial skills (rather than your skills at manipulating the game engine) should provide the difference. Every win in such league would be that much sweeter. I think winning a few leagues easily when you were the one who had figured out the game and others had not yet caught on to what's going on may have spoiled you a bit, no?

But I do admit that it's hard for me to imagine life at the top. I may see it your way when I get there -- unless they change things around.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

You will see as you progress to higher levels that whether you buy tokens or build a team on a budget, it makes little difference because the game engine is that unpredictable. A player can get a 9 rating one game, a 6 the next with no consistency. Once there would be 5 or 6 teams challenging for honours but now so many games are nullified to draws because managerial prowess counts for little. The game decides who will win and tactics make only a small difference. In fact it has been noted by many that the result is often worked out as early as the 75th minute. I will happily pit my managing skills against anyone & you're right that a win is so much nicer but it's also nice to have a few games where you give younger or lesser used players a run out rather than worrying that a wrong substitution will cost you dearly as it has me so many times. Perhaps it is strange logic to some but that's how I roll. Each to their own as they say. Thanks for the debate. You made a good point.

KFC Loella. Level 26
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    The game decides who will win and tactics make only a small difference. In fact it has been noted by many that the result is often worked out as early as the 75th minute.
    It has been said in another thread that the result is predetermined 3 minutes before the game starts, which would be even sadder. If that is true, then your point about evenly matched league making results random is well made.

As far as a player going from 9 to 6, this is an everyday occurrence for me and I don't blame the game for it, but I have not figured out whom yet. I still don't know
    a) how past ratings predicts performance in the next game
    b) whether the rating affects the outcome of the game or other way around

Until I understand this better, I cannot get angrier or more concerned about inconsistent ratings than I am, which is not a lot.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Stick with it pal. After 3 years I'm still hooked !

FC Loella. Server 121. Level 26
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup