Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: To re-sign or not to re-sign

To re-sign or not to re-sign

I have a second string 4* legacy player who has been with me for three seasons and was good for me once but does not play many matches anymore. I want to hold him over to lower my team Q for better draws, you know the logic. I will sell him in the new season. The question is do I re-sign him now (before season's end) or in the offseason? Are there any repercussions for the wrong timing? Like, if I don't re-sign him now maybe he won't count towards my team Q when the league and cup are drawn?
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

sign him now, money is no object for a proven veteran!
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage at all to sign early? Like if I sign him now, what will his contract length be when the new season starts? 3 years or 2?

2, it just cost a little more because the signing bonus is a % of his current value, and next season his value will be less.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I'll think I'll leave him unsigned then. Unless someone tells me unsigned players don't count towards team Q for seeding purposes. That would be an incentive to sign.

I did not get to where I am by wasting my money

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    I'll think I'll leave him unsigned then. Unless someone tells me unsigned players don't count towards team Q for seeding purposes. That would be an incentive to sign.

I did not get to where I am by wasting my money
    If you sign him on Day 28, your contract will remain for 2 years, yes. But you don't have to pay any wages on Day 1. You can sell him then. The bonus can be covered then.
    On the other hand if you leave him unsigned, releasing him will give no money.
    And I feel unsigned players count. This season my 3 lowbies were unsigned, despite that I got a decent draw (but lost in round 1 hehe).
    Last edited by Arion; 02-06-2016 at 01:41 AM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

The plan is to sign him on day 1 and sell in short order (or whenever free slots are needed). Is there a problem with this plan?

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    The plan is to sign him on day 1 and sell in short order (or whenever free slots are needed). Is there a problem with this plan?
    Nope.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    It it's about the cup, read this
    from post #115
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...in-cup-12.html
    khris likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html