Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Celtic
  • 2 Post By ponzu

Thread: Must win

Must win

The forum has been rich with training guides and desktop woes. I mean to catch up, I really do. In the meantime, I have been busy with work and keeping my training bonuses at or close to 10%. The lads are exhausted, but winning league and CL games.So far so good.

At the moment, I do feel the need to ask for tactics advice to avoid the earliest cup exit ever.

In my first (away) cup match, I failed to solve the 3W-1-3W-1-1 formation, same Q opponent. The counter formation table suggested 3W-2(DMC)-3N-1-1 Tower. I had never played it before, but tried it and had little to show for my troubles: 69/31 possession, 89/88 completion, 4/1 shots on target, but 0:0 score.

Now that I sold off one of two DMCs, I can no longer play Tower, and I did not like it anyway. The table suggests 3N-5-2 flat as the alternative counter. I myself came up with 4-1-4-1 because, well, AMC. My wingers can play ML/AML, MR/AMR and my ML/AML is the leading scorer. I do like 4-3N-2W-1, I just don't know if it applies here. It's an offensive formation.

My primary objective is not to allow a goal. But PKs are a crapshoot, so scoring one would be nice, too.

Do you have advice on formation, orders and arrows? The opponent's 3W-1-3W-1-1 does not seem like a strong formation, but the fact that he has a player in every line is throwing off my math.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ponzu; 02-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

I've played for 37 seasons. Tactics don't matter much, believe me, it's all make-believe and magical thinking.

Dreamer
    Going to presume you mean 3W-1-3W-1-2.

Do you know t11_fan's updated table of counter formations? It can be found here:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...tml#post378555

It states some alternative counter formations.
    ® 3W-1-3W-1-2 >.< >.< 4-1-2-1-2 N.Diamond, 3N-1-4-2, 3N-5-2F, 3W-2DMC-3N-1-1*, 4-3MC-2AMC-1

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    I've played for 37 seasons. Tactics don't matter much, believe me, it's all make-believe and magical thinking.
    I believe in magic.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

Quote Originally Posted by Duncton View Post
    Going to presume you mean 3W-1-3W-1-2.

Do you know t11_fan's updated table of counter formations? It can be found here:
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...tml#post378555

It states some alternative counter formations.
    ® 3W-1-3W-1-2 >.< >.< 4-1-2-1-2 N.Diamond, 3N-1-4-2, 3N-5-2F, 3W-2DMC-3N-1-1*, 4-3MC-2AMC-1
    Thank you, yes, 2 ST of course, not sure why I mistyped it twice. No, I did not know that thread. I had seen it once, but it was more confusing than the 2.0 table, which is so clean and pretty, but probably outdated. I was not sure what t11_fan meant by >.< >.< Just a separator?

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    I believe in magic.
    Facts and cold reality always prevail.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Thank you, yes, 2 ST of course, not sure why I mistyped it twice. No, I did not know that thread. I had seen it once, but it was more confusing than the 2.0 table, which is so clean and pretty, but probably outdated. I was not sure what t11_fan meant by >.< >.< Just a separator?
    Yes, just a seperator. You'll become used to reading it in time (I did).

As for specific orders, you should ask someone more experienced than me. But maybe it'll give you some ideas.

I picked 3N-1-4-2 for now. Waiting for someone more experienced. I can just as easily go with 4-1-4-1. Defensive with counters.

3N-1-4-2 with up arrow on ML, MR and down arrow on DMC. Normal, mixed, mixed, no counter. Zonal, low press, no trap, normal tackle. In other words, fairly wishy-washy on the orders.

5:1

No problem.

Oh and full training bonus, full 15% possession bonus, max $$ win bonus. To lose actually would have been quite a feat.
    Arion and Duncton like this.

Well done you did it on your own
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.