Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Can a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I like this empty goal post
    lol
    His GK has teleport skill

Next season I'll try find nordgen GK and train him FK and use it to take FK or Corner
    Arion likes this.

another goal and assist today

Can a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-25-21_04_12-start.jpg

Can a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-25-21_14_16-start.jpg
    Duncton and Arion like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

another assist today, and look at his ratings

Can a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-26-15_15_17-start.jpgCan a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-26-15_18_13-start.jpg
    Arion likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

This thread reminds me of when I tried to have my GK take FKs last season and he scored a 4.5 rating. Never again.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Gert Funck, is your current theory that your GK is having success on set plays because he is overall very highly rated or because you managed to pinpoint the GK skills that internally mean the same as shooting, crossing, finishing?

In your OP, you hypothesized that

Rushing out = Shooting
    Communication = finishing

Was this a random guess or a specific assertion that you have since proved (or not)?

And while we are talking about your player (never mind him being a GK) having great success with set plays and pretty much my entire squad struggling, what skills do you consider crucial for CK, FK, PK?

I have always assumed:

CK = crossing
    FK, PK = shooting, with finishing as tiebreaker

But some say you just have to test each player.
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    This thread reminds me of when I tried to have my GK take FKs last season and he scored a 4.5 rating. Never again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Gert Funck, is your current theory that your GK is having success on set plays because he is overall very highly rated or because you managed to pinpoint the GK skills that internally mean the same as shooting, crossing, finishing?

Rushing out = Shooting

Was this a random guess or a specific assertion that you have since proved (or not)?

And while we are talking about your player (never mind him being a GK) having great success with set plays and pretty much my entire squad struggling, what skills do you consider crucial for CK, FK, PK?

I have always assumed:

CK = crossing
    FK, PK = shooting, with finishing as tiebreaker

But some say you just have to test each player.
    If you see FC United's form table, the attack and defence of Jeroen is different. Apparently he seems a world class player with 131% in attack, so it's no surprise he can be a Ceni.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

My keeper was high 5* in attack at the time. Every single one of the FKs he took had negative commentary. It was refreshing to see some realism.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

goal and MVP against number one

Can a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-27-14_41_29-1-top-eleven-football-manager-facebook.jpgCan a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-26-15_13_48-start.jpg
    Can a good keeper be just as efficient 'unscientific test'-2016-02-27-14_51_37-1-top-eleven-football-manager-facebook.png
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 02-27-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post

Rushing out = Shooting

No my thesis is that they have just renamed the same skill, that making it irrelevant if it is called:

• Rushing out = Shooting -- for crosses/corners
    • Communication = finishing -- for freekicks shoots

my next point is, form is not relevant. The gamechanging thing in the match gives the rating. Not the form from the past game.

so no matter a 10 or 9 last match or 5-6. The thing is if he scores or assists.. then his rating will be 8+.
    And that is what it looks like so far.
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 02-27-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    • Rushing out = Shooting -- for crosses/corners
    • Communication = finishing -- for freekicks shoots
    I have to follow up your answer with two questions.

1. How did you figure that Rushing out = Shooting and Communication = Finishing? By where they are located visually on the screen? or because you remembered (or had a record of) your GK's stats from before the change and found a correlation? Or was it a random guess that you proved through testing?

2. Are you saying that for you corner kicker you pick a player with high Shooting? (I would have guessed Crossing) And that for free kicks you pick a player with high Finishing? (I would have guessed Shooting).
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast