Thread: Training special or new position

Training special or new position

Anyone having trouble getting training points when training for special ability or new role in new update. I have tried 3 younger players and none of them got any points. They do fine when training regularly. I have wasted at least 10 rests and nothing. Anyways would like to know if anyone have problems. Thx

We can check my math together.

A green pack gives 15% condition.

A drill (any drill*) gives 1 1/3 training point towards a skill, SA or role for each 1% of condition spent. So a "Hard" drill will give 4 training points at the cost of 3% condition.

By this formula, one green pack (15%) buys you 20 training points**. 100 training points gets you one point closer to an SA or a new role. So for 5 green packs per player you should expect to see a progress of one point (out 40 or 50 required). If you spent 10 green packs between 3 players, it is likely that all three are close to getting their first point, but are not there yet.

Without power training (farming or buying green packs by the hundreds) you can expect to train a new role or SA over the course of the season, give or take. And that's if you have a reasonably fast trainer. I have stopped bothering. I only train SA or secondary position to prevent the player from gaining the next star. Other that that, it's more efficient to buy them with the desired extra roles and SAs.

The formula that I just now came up with as I was thinking outloud seems to be:

250 green packs for a new role, 200 or 250 for an SA.

Does this seem right to anyone and has it changed from the previous version?

*some say only Attack and Defence drills contribute to SA and roles, not T&M; what I mean is that all drills have the same training points to condition burn ratio.

**this is on average; the actually gain will depend both on the player's trainability -- younger players are more trainable, but not all are created equal -- and on a small random variation just to make it interesting
    Last edited by ponzu; 02-19-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Yeah it seems like they switched something after the uproar of the first day. Definitely having trouble training sa/positions. Physical training isn't working on them in regular training as well, only matches are levelling it.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

P.S. As you increase your training level, you either unlock new drills or improve efficiency of existing ones. I have a few drills where I am on the second level (of three), which makes them 10% more efficient. I assume the third level will make them 20% more efficient.

If you train your players using 2nd level drills, your math will change to

228 green packs for a new role, 182 or 228 for an SA.

And using 3rd level drills, if I am correct about the 20% efficiency bonus,

209 green packs for a new role, 167 or 209 for an SA.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

What I don't know is how this formula changes for fast, average and slow trainers. I believe it is for the average trainer. And those are not the players who people have historically power trained for roles and SAs.

Another thing I don't know is how to tell a fast trainer anymore from his training/match improvement results. The only thing I can go on is the ratio of value to salary for brand new (academy and nordgen) players. But looking at who gained how much, I am really just guessing who is a fast trainer and who isn't. In the old system a fast trainer would gain about 80-100 in a competition match. If I understood the point conversion, that would translate to about 4% gain now. Most of my players gain more than that: 5-6% in a competition match, so either my math is off, or all players became more trainable just like that.

And as far as gain from drills, I have no expectation and no way to gauge progress. Sometimes a % gain will pop up, sometimes it won't. I think the gain from drills in cumulative, too. If you run the same set two times in a row, and there is no gain from the first set, but plenty of gain from the second set, it does not mean that the first set was a waste and the second was magic, but that they added up.
    Last edited by ponzu; 02-19-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    What I don't know is how this formula changes for fast, average and slow trainers. I believe it is for the average trainer. And those are not the players who people have historically power trained for roles and SAs.

Another thing I don't know is how to tell a fast trainer anymore from his training/match improvement results. The only thing I can go on is the ratio of value to salary for brand new (academy and nordgen) players. But looking at who gained how much, I am really just guessing who is a fast trainer and who isn't. In the old system a fast trainer would gain about 80-100 in a competition match. If I understood the point conversion, that would translate to about 4% gain now. Most of my players gain more than that: 5-6% in a competition match, so either my math is off, or all players became more trainable just like that.

And as far as gain from drills, I have no expectation and no way to gauge progress. Sometimes a % gain will pop up, sometimes it won't. I think the gain from drills in cumulative, too. If you run the same set two times in a row, and there is no gain from the first set, but plenty of gain from the second set, it does not mean that the first set was a waste and the second was magic, but that they added up.
    There is definitely a problem with special training and new position trainings. Played a game and still nothing. As for the 20 percent training mode yes I tried that as I am at level 22 trainer. Hopefully top eleven looks into this because I'm done trying to train for this. Thanks for you responses.

Addicted
    the % is too confuse....