Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Get more exciting

I used to alway change but these days just stick to one formation all season depending on what players I have and what works
    Gert Funck likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    OK, I will make a bit of light here.

Do counter formation works? YES! Or that's what the developers told me.

The issue is from us because we don't know to much and is impossible for a manager to rule a proper test to see which formation works and most of the tutorials and guides, including mine, are made by managers with strong teams, over the general quality of our opponents so we just can suspect if something is good but that's not 100% sure.

But after many years, I meet few people and I decided to learn them a little more and to all I suggested to play with the same tactic and they won great trophies.

If somebody can do a proper test and prove me that X team can beat Y team, vs same quality on players head to head not just general quality, 8 times from 10, I buy him whatever he wants from shop.

To be honest the games have so many "factors" that in my opinion, not even the developers can do it.

But at the end, one thing is for sure, you clearly need less resources: money, tokens, boosters (maybe).
    madflo19 likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

You and I are both coming off undefeated seasons. You don't change formation. I change formation nearly every game. I don't think it's the method so much as the results. Like I said before I would play 9 defenders and 1 ST and win every game 1-0 if it was guaranteed. The new game engine reacts better to managerial input and teams that have multiple position players on the field with superior quality have a huge advantage over single position players, especially now. Also, the new wave of nordgens are unbalanced and I think we will see a distinct change of winning tendencies over the next 3 months as old balanced players get weeded out for new statistically lopsided ones.

Counter attacking had great benefits with almost no penalties last season other than conceding early every 4-5 games or so. As long as a 5* nordgen attacker is 40% faster than the same Q defender, counter attacking will always make sense in this new football world we find ourselves in.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Won treble sticking to one formation with 1 loss all season so....

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Won treble sticking to one formation with 1 loss all season so....
    Same here with my level 2 team won a treble with the same formation every game …well almost as I had no loss
    El Pistolero likes this.

Back to back trebles changing formation every game. Unbeaten for 106 and counting with a handful of draws. I say stick with whatever works for you.
    Bunzo and El Pistolero like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    Same here with my level 2 team won a treble with the same formation every game …well almost as I had no loss
    I have a lot of 1*s to bring down quality every season so I don't have much room for many substitutes so most of my team play every single game which limits formations. This way I worked out player forms continue when playing the same position and formation all season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12