Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 77 - Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Yes, very ready indeed. So far, six wins in six competition matches and outscoring opposition 26-4. As usual, the numbers are somewhat skewed by a 8:0 drubbing in a cup tie over a team where two goalies are playing as DCs. I have heard of tanking in the league, but not in the cup. Looks like an abandoned team. There is a 1.6M in win prize money I will never see again. The lads are not getting anything in the reverse match other than the satisfaction of a job well done.

I know it's early, but it feels good. I have a new star GK, my second year MC has come into his own, and I made two very exciting ST acquisitions. Now if I I could only figure out the set pieces. I waste most of the CK and FK opportunities even as I read that many of you guys would not win without your CK and FK goals. It's a scary thought how good we could be if we took advantage of those. (Of course, there is a school of thought that the score is precalculated and the animations are for entertainment only, so if we don't score from set pieces, weI score the same number of goals in another fashion.)
    You'd wanna tank in Cup to ease off the schedule.... It'll be midseason if you tank in CL, while it takes only 3 days to tank in Cup.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

First hat trick of the season and of the player's career in a easy league match.
    Season 77 - Week 4-s17d5l.jpg
    Finally got a lone goal from a ST too lol.

Here's my CL opponent, I haven't had a Q disparity like this since last season's cup exit. I know he uses short passing and I am going to test whether you can't use man to man vs higher quality opponents. I can afford a loss even if I am on 15 wins in a row. He has 2 98Q players lol.
    Season 77 - Week 4-s17d5clpre.jpg
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 03-10-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    reddeviljohn likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Atlético Kolkata Day 4 and 5 Report

A 3-0 victory and loss over subsequent days. At home yesterday David netted a brace on his first league game and Kayis also got a goal. But today it was just the opposite. I had no idea what to do. The back and Moreau were horrible, letting in every shot on target. I guess I can't be so ambitious to win the league, rather focus on a Top 4 finish
    The season's gonna be long.
    reddeviljohn likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

Phoenix United still won all games so far with a 2-1 League victory.

Centre back Malacort opened the scoring
    Tebily scoring the winner

My GK is in shaky form, hopefully he improves and finds the form he had last season.

Day 5 - Palace Terriers report.

Two away matches for Palace Terriers today, the first in the Champions League Group stage, Round 2, and Terriers made an efficient job of winning the match 3-0. Striker Kamel Hamlili and midfielder Lukasz Sapela scored the first two goals, and 5 minutes from time new midfielder Niklas Schlaudraff opened his Terriers account with a header from an Onder Chamoun corner.

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-champ-hl-round-2.jpg

Three hours and some later, the Terriers were up against the highest-Quality team in the League, and despite conceding in the first half, were holding their own before the referee gave two penalties against them in the last three minutes of the match. 'Keeper Aurelian M'Futi had no chance with the first, but guessed right against the same penalty taker two minutes later, then Terriers had to accept their first defeat of the season.

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-league-hl-round-3.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 03-10-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    reddeviljohn likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rubbish

http://
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Well.....today is a nice day hope this kind of day become the norm of my teams the whole season CoZ I wanna win. Had 1- 3 win with flying eagles in the league. The Golden eaglets are improving by leaps and bounds.....won 0 - 5 in champs league and 0 - 8 in the league. But the highlight of this team today is the Ck taker and the Fk taker who is the goalie.... Bojic had 5assists today and my goalie had 3goals from Fk. Thanks Gert Funk, your experiment as made me unravel a hidden talent.
    Arion and reddeviljohn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Atlético Kolkata Day 4 and 5 Report

A 3-0 victory and loss over subsequent days. At home yesterday David netted a brace on his first league game and Kayis also got a goal. But today it was just the opposite. I had no idea what to do. The back and Moreau were horrible, letting in every shot on target. I guess I can't be so ambitious to win the league, rather focus on a Top 4 finish
    The season's gonna be long.
    You can win it. Consecutive wins could propel you and be the champion.

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Rubbish

http://
    What level are you John?

Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    You can win it. Consecutive wins could propel you and be the champion.
    Thanks, that made me feel better
    But now look at my league I feel I do have a chance, since none has won (and can win mathematically... still two games remaining in Round 3) all of their first 3 games. Apparently one of my level 2 opponents lost his first two games, and those were his last losses... He won the league.
    You really have to wait till Day 7 to know who are your rivals in the race. But a 3-0 loss away, where the opponent had a 100% shot efficiency is ought to hit your morale.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast