Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 77 - Week 4

Day 23 - Palace teams report.

Palace Terriers played their Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg at home, and overcame a tricky friend team 3-0 to take a huge step towards the Final. Striker Sergi Hernandez put the home side one up at the break, then Samir Gross and midfielder Niklas Schlaudraff scored in the second half. Lukasz Sapela's early booking means he misses the 2nd Leg.

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-champ-hl-sf1.jpg

Palace Casuals home League match against 5th place was an evenly matched affair, a goal in each half from Angelo Musto settling the match in the Casuals' favour, 2-1. Christos Topousis picked up a 4-day injury. Again the 2nd place team lost points, so Casuals see themselves 13 points ahead and needing only one win for the Championship.

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-league-hl-round-21.jpg

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-l29-league-round-21-top.jpg
    Season 77 - Week 4-s33-l29-league-round-21-toptp.jpg

Palace Terriers had the match that every team needs late of an evening the day before a vital Cup Semi-Final match. At home against 13th place, Terriers romped home 10-0, leaving two players squabbling over the match ball. Samir Gross rattled up a hat-trick in the first 11 minutes, but Sergi Hernandez scored four, and with his 2 assists, claimed the Mom award. Nikolay Radev (2) and Niklas Schlaudraff scored the other goals.

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-league-hl-round-21.jpg

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-l10-league-round-21-top.jpgSeason 77 - Week 4-s10-l10-league-round-21-toptp.jpg

Defensive midfielder Philip McKay made his 50th, and 51st, appearance for the Terriers.

Season 77 - Week 4-pt-philip-mckay-51a.jpg

Now, speaking of a Cup Semi-Final, 2nd Leg is tomorrow, and Casuals are playing away and defend a 1-0 lead. Now, is it worth making the effort when this is the prospect in the Final (they're already 7-0 up from the (away) 1st Leg in their Semi-Final):

Season 77 - Week 4-ac-milan-squad.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 03-29-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    What an insane league match against much stronger team. And my central defender was direct reded. Still normal tackle.

Attachment 64605
    Attachment 64606

Attachment 64607
    "Direct reded" :'D

Is that grammatically correct where you are from?
    Where I'm from (UK) we say "a straight red card" not that that is perfect English

Addicted
    Watching the replay between Romania and Spain. Romania number 10 Stanciu is a thing, I would say he is a dribbler but the commentator calls him a play maker.

Orange Roughies are hobbling rather than cruising towards the finish line. All of a sudden the wins are getting scrappier and draws are cropping up. Still, just one loss on the season, which by all measures continue to be a fairy-tale. Let's hope it's not a Brothers Grimm.

Win 35: Home League match, 4-0. An easier than expected win over a decent opponent. AML Coronel and DC Zeciri scored, and Monasterski caught some of his old "Monster" form with two plus an assist.

Draw 2: Away League match, 1-1. First of two games in one day against the same opponent, who is fighting for a Top-4 spot in the league and also is our CL 1/4F tie.The home side scored first from a CK. We have been noticing a lot of goals conceded from set pieces as of late, and also a lack of production for our side in those situations. Something for the management to take very seriously. It took most of the rest of the game and some desperate subs and tactics for Monasterski to score the equalizer. His once partner and rival ST Kara has been quiet as of late, resulting in being benched more often than not. First place lead cut to 8 points and does not look insurmountable by any stretch of imagination.

Win 36: Home CL match, 3-2. Playing the same opponent back-to-back, we beefed up our defensive line and built on the commanding 2-0 lead after the first leg. ML Orue, former Brazilian kid wonder MC Pinheiro and the new DR Asulin scored, all assisted but the re-energized Monasterski. GK Dudic looked slightly shaky for a second outing in a row, but continued to be the go-to man, as his backup is a young, slow-learning Academy product with a 1% rating.

Win 37: Home League match, 3-2. Taking the field for the third time in one day, this time against another strong league contender, we twice failed to protect the lead after goals by Monasterski (who has regained the club's scoring lead) and DC Zeciri, who keeps finding his name on the score sheet as of late, and this time earned the MOM honors to boot. Finally, MR Willemse scored what proved to be the winner. Monasterski had an assist, and GK Dudic continued to struggle. Top rated ST Kara remained benched and his name has been injected into the transfer rumor mill.

Draw 3: Cup Home match, 1-1. Perhaps approaching this tie against an evenly matched opponent with an overly defensive mindset, we only managed to produce one goal late in the first half, thanks to the combined efforts of AML Coronel and AMR Willemse who assisted. Playing for possession, we stayed quiet the rest of the night, but still managed to earn a YC halfway, the opposition converting the ensuing FK. A definite disappointment, the result will force us to be much more aggressive in the return match. The so far flawless Cup, one third of a near perfect season, is now on the line.

Win 38: Away CL match, 2-0. A much needed pick-me-up after a setback suffered in Cup play. The two top scorers ST Monasterski and MR Willemse produced a goal apiece. ST Kara was pulled and, minutes later, reintroduced into the transfer market, where he has so far garnered little interest.

Draw 4: Away League match, 1-1. AML Coronel scored for our side, but the defense failed to contain the opposition, who drove in an equalizer, robbing us of two points. By a stroke of good fortune, instead of seeing our league lead shrink to six points, we saw it increased to nine when the second place team suffered a rare loss. On the downside, we once again failed to convert any of the FK or CKs.
    Last edited by ponzu; 03-29-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Our cup oppo what do u reckon?

http://

talisman likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Off to cup final 5-2 agg and play vietnam team of scouts who play 442 so Ko could be dodgy

F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Phoenix United have made it to their 3rd cup final in a row, beating semi final giants Kat FC. Escobar put away a penalty and RB Azulay scored the winner in a 1-2 game with opponent getting 5 yellow cards and a red.

I am fairly confident of a win as I am the strongest team in the final. Having rested 3 players on suspensions I am delighted with the result.

Onto the semi final of CL with a lead of 1-2

I am Champion already. Can I drop 10points in 4games? Troll of the year that would be. We won the second placed team today and extended the lead to 10points gap. GK had 2assists from corner kicks. Making it 6 in 8games.
    I expected a four team race, the strongest team Alberto fc, flying eagles, Rama fc and Muhammed fc. I guess I have been running this race alone. I am on par quality wise with Rama and Muhammad fc, but they were inconsistent.
    Last edited by Awe Imoleayo Peter; 03-29-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    El Pistolero and reddeviljohn like this.

Love reading all these reports :-) Almost starting to think I don't take this serious enough.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.

so close, only one goal, but no cigar

Season 77 - Week 4-2016-03-29-16_40_55-start.jpg

against league leader
    talisman, ponzu and reddeviljohn like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast