Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 77 - Week 4

Day 2 - Palace Terriers report.

Palace Terriers played at home in their Cup Preliminary Round 2nd Leg and progressed to the next round with a 5-2 aggregate win after a 3-1 victory. The visitors had bought a couple of new players and had upped their Quality, but striker Samir Gross, DMC Philip McKay and right-winger Declan McGranaghan were the Terriers scorers, before the opposition manager turned up and tried to substitute his team out of the hole they were in.

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-cup-hl-pr2.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 03-07-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    reddeviljohn likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    Yeah! I should have told my players that they could score some goals
    You were playing attacking football with long passing during a home leg that you could have lost 0:1 and still went through. Goals are nice but sometimes parking the bus will get you through cup ties.
    Arion likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    You were playing attacking football with long passing during a home leg that you could have lost 0:1 and still went through. Goals are nice but sometimes parking the bus will get you through cup ties.
    I was playing defensive with counter attacks actually
    Arion likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

This is becoming very annoying, I have lost in the preliminary stage of the cup in 3consecutive seasons after I was 3rd in level 3( level 7cup). I am so unhappy. I drew first leg 2 2 and lost after his player was sent off.

That has always been the trend. 'It was not our day'
    Last edited by Awe Imoleayo Peter; 03-07-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Counter attacks with a huge possession bonus? That'll tire out your squad especially if they are chasing long balls around the pitch. High pressing and short passing would have kept the ball in their end. Inviting pressure with counter attacks on makes no sense in a game you need to keep goals out.

My guess is that you hit attack or possession for your 3rd ingame bonus and thats when you conceded.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 03-07-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    Arion likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Counter attacks with a huge possession bonus? That'll tire out your squad especially if they are chasing long balls around the pitch. High pressing and short passing would have kept the ball in their end. Inviting pressure with counter attacks on makes no sense in a game you need to keep goals out.

My guess is that you hit attack or possession for your 3rd ingame bonus and thats when you conceded.
    There is a lot of guessing from your side. I played low pressure. Used possession and work harder bonus

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

yeah possession bonus and counter attacking don't mix, especially at home where you have a huge possession advantage to start with. test it if you dont believe me.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 03-07-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Arion likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I'm not a referee but might I remind everyone we all have different management styles.

You are both experienced players and as I often say to myself, I don't let mistakes get to me, I learn from them.

My opinion is Gert was massively unlucky not to have scored.

Had it been me, my opponent wouldn't of got a sniff of that ball. I'd of played short, defensive, own half, counter off.

yeah possession bonus and counter attacking don't mix, especially at home where you have a huge possession advantage to start with. test it if you dont believe me.
    I will give it a shot. But then I don't understand possession. Keep the ball, then the opponent can't score! Is bad in this game? Hmmm

Not if done right. You had the advantage of 3 away goals and they were given opportunities to play in your half. Your pass success rate rings alarm bells to me.

It could of gone either way though. Had one of those counters gone in we wouldn't even be talking about it. Just preference of styles.

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast