Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 77 - Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by Joao Nuno Pedro View Post
    Why didnt he stop bidding and tried another player? He could run out of tokens at any moment. Plus, he had already full 5 star team so I was pretty sure he couldnt have many tokens
    Stop moaning …you were an idiot to go into a bidding war & a bigger tit to come on here crying about it.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    First leg cup againt a marginal better team.
    Keeper sends two frekick goal on three attemts in Approved

Attachment 63715Attachment 63716
    Still the keeper on setpieces?
    Gert Funck likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Won my first cup game against a team 2lvls higher than me! My new signing Alvarez scored 2goals in his first match, a really good start!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Season 77 - Week 4-uploadfromtaptalk1457290889926.jpg  
    Gert Funck and motrin like this.

Palace Terriers season preview and Day 1 Cup report.

Palace Terriers are at Level 10 in their 10th season. The playing squad at the start of the season, with their Terriers Career record:

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-playing-squad-initial.jpg

The Management has cast an eye over the Champions League Groups that Palace Terriers will compete in. Terriers are in Group B, and have noted the friends that are in Groups C, D and E...

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-champ-groups-initial.jpg

Today was Mother's Day in the UK, so the Management was treating his other half to a day out, so left it to the AM to guide the team through their away Cup Preliminary Round 1st Leg match. Having only a slight Quality advantage over the opposition, the Terriers took the match carefully, and ended with a one goal lead and two away goals at the end of the match, midfielder Christophe Ouahbi and defender Onder Chamoun scoring.

Season 77 - Week 4-s10-cup-hl-pr1.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    Its going to be a relaxing season for my squad.

Last season, I tanked. so I'm not planning on making any rosters moves. The goal is to spend 0 tokens and 0 conditions and finish in the top 4. But with leagues being quality based, I might have to use some greens with this new training structure system.
    talisman and Gert Funck like this.
    Level 40 Manager

You could say it was an unfair match... and you would be right

Season 77 - Week 4-2016-03-06-20_54_28-start.jpg
    talisman, motrin, Arion and 1 others like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Last "year" I made some transfers on Sunday, two days before the league started and it got me into a league with much better opponents.
    I believe the reason is that I made my team better so it gave me better teams.

My advise is to wait until you are seeded to your league until you make your transfers if you want to face easier teams.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    That is excatlly the point of an auction (not knowing). Why didn't you put a limit before entering a bitting war, yo should have been able to buy 4-5 players at same level for so many tokens, just by leaving bidding wars
    I cannot follow all conversations related to this. But I think I support you. As managers of teams which are poor in terms of tokens, I always know I should wisely use my tokens instead of complaining that other people have too many tokens.

Limiting no. of tokens on each auction is good and important practice. Besides, I also observe participants of some ongoing or completed auctions in order to identify some auction rich managers who are online. As token poor manager, I will avoid to compete with them in auctions.
    Gert Funck and Arion like this.

Palace Casuals season preview and Day 1 Cup report.

Palace Casuals are at Level 29 in their 33rd season. The Playing squad at the start of the season, with their Casuals career record:

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-playing-squad-initial.jpg

As Casuals finished 6th last season, they did not qualify for the Champions League.

As a result of a Negotiation Offer which the Management saw as a better way of selling a 32-yo GK with SA, Milan Sedlacek became the first transfer activity for this season, leaving in exchange for 1T/$109M. An immediate replacement was acquired when a set of GKs appeared in the Assistant Managers recommendations (makes a change from STs!).

Season 77 - Week 4-pc-marcos-sacilotto-79t.jpg

Palace Casuals played away in the Cup Preliminary Round 1st Leg and shaded a pretty even match against a team with slightly lower starting XI Quality. Mario Dinamarca achieved super-veteran status with his 200th appearance for Casuals, and celebrated in style with a header from a Jonathan Garrido corner for the only goal of the match.

Season 77 - Week 4-s33-cup-hl-pr1.jpg

Season 77 - Week 4-pc-mario-dinamarca-200.jpg

Another player celebrating a milestone in this match was striker Massimiliano Gerino, making his 50th appearance.

Season 77 - Week 4-pc-massimiliano-gerini-50.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 03-06-2016 at 09:07 PM.
    Arion and reddeviljohn like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I posted one of these a few seasons ago but I'm going to try and become a full-time member of the forum.

What have you learned from last season?
    I learned that you need good back-up for when your players get injured.

Where did you place last season?
    League: I suffered last day heartbreak and narrowly missed out on a CL spot
    Cup: Unfortunately we couldn't win our third consecutive cup title as we got knocked out at the last 16
    CL: A respectable showing, bowing out at the last 16 to the eventual winners

What's your current level?
    I'm up to level 12

What's your budget for this season?
    It was around 300 million and roughly 70 tokens (I've never bought any tokens). I've spent around 120 million and 15T aprox since then.

Who do you want to replace?
    I did a big clear-out, selling on many players and signing five new faces with more expected. I still kept a few loyal club servants who are now one star in order to get an easier league draw.

What are your goals for this season?
    Since I have no CL football I'd like to win my first league title. Also if possible, a fourth cup win would be nice but this season the league will be the main priority.

What's your training level?
    Level 12, very close to level 13.

I'm very excited for the season and I'm hoping to be active and take advantage of the new training feature. Last season I was inactive during the early parts of the campaign which ultimately cost me.
    talisman and HoofDaddy like this.

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast