Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Like Tree1267Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 77 - Week 4

The two orders conflict, forcing counter attacks means to push the ball forward as soon as possession switches and as soon as they lose the ball to run back into a defensive posture behind the ball. You had long passing on as well. Long passes are more easily intercepted. Meaning that just because you had a defensive setting doesn't mean you were playing defensive football because every time you had the ball which was 64% of the time your players were pushing forward, forcing attacks with the most inaccurate passing setting. Adding a possession bonus to this just makes for more chances that your passes will be intercepted and your players will be caught out of position in attack as they struggle to run back into a low press position. But feel free to think that you got Nordeus trolled and your forwards let you down. I'm just explaining why your orders caused you to concede.

When I said that this is the age of counterattacking, I didn't mention that it is a double-edged sword. I'd talk more in depth but I'm not keen on discussing my specific tactical orders in public for every copycat to read.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Counter attacks can be countered. Counter on with long passing can work but on this particular game Gerts passing rating was low, meaning shorter or mixed would of been better.

Old guides suggest that you can't high press with counter attacks on. Or that you need to use long passing with counterattacks. Neither of these is true in the right game situation anymore.
    Arion likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Apparently, we are (ready, that is). Won the first cup tie 3:1 (home) and 3:0 (away, absent from live game). Played against an evenly rated team, which is a new experience, since in the past the first round used to be a walkover. I guess it gets harder, and I expect I will soon have to figure out why (and how) managers tank.

Now to your questions.

What have you learned from last season? To pick formations and orders without checking the guide or asking, And also that formation and orders may not matter
    Where did you place last season? Won the league.

What's your current level? 9
    What's your budget for this season? I have 106M in cash right now. It will be different in a couple of days (hopefully! if I don't run out of tokens)
    Who do you want to replace? GK, all but one MC, ST, DC, DL -- pretty much everyone. Oh and DC/DMC Busquets who used to be a star, but owing to poor work ethics in training has fallen behind the rest of the squad.
    What are your goals for this season? Win the league. Hang in CL and Cup long enough to make lots of money.

What's your training level? 22
    Last edited by ponzu; 03-08-2016 at 01:18 AM.
    Arion likes this.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Imagine this 3 (El pistolero, gert funk and hoof daddy in the same league.).....I wish there could be moments like this often. We newbies could learn a thing or two.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk
    El Pistolero likes this.

Gert would crush me with FC United, I'm pretty sure I could do the double on Firecats home and away tho
    Pistolero would also crush my current club but I think I would have a good counter formation and orders for him if we had even Q teams. :P

Honestly, I don't even feel like I'm in the same league of people that have been playing this game for 3 years. I've learned so much from their testing and dedication and guides that I just want to return the favour whenever I can. I'm happy to inspire that passion for fake football in others.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter and motrin like this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    I will give it a shot. But then I don't understand possession. Keep the ball, then the opponent can't score! Is bad in this game? Hmmm
    Yes, keeping the ball is the best way to prevent scoring. Even better, go towards your own box, chip it to your teammate, head it to your keeper and he catches it. But again it's real life. I would've gone with 5-2-2-1 and defensive, mixed, short, no CA, low press and man mark, if say I had a 2 goals advantage. But since it was only one, I won't move from 4-5-1V.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    Gert would crush me with FC United, I'm pretty sure I could do the double on Firecats home and away tho
    Pistolero would also crush my current club but I think I would have a good counter formation and orders for him if we had even Q teams.

Honestly, I don't even feel like I'm in the same league of people that have been playing this game for 3 years. I've learned so much from their testing and dedication and guides that I just want to return the favour whenever I can. I'm happy to inspire that passion for fake football in others.
    Why can't you 3 play friendlies against each other and keep a league tally?

Awe and I would lose to you, I guess, 50-(-3)
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I won both my cup ties 4-0, through to the next round against a very strong opponent, think I'm going have 3 in mc for this one instead of my usual tight diamond formation, his players are mainly 8 stars, but he has 3 7 stars in his first team too.
    Level 18

17 league titles

14 cups

14 Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Why can't you 3 play friendlies against each other and keep a league tally?

Awe and I would lose to you, I guess, 50-(-3)
    I'm not sure if we are on the same servers and we aren't friends on facebook. I don't like being used as training fodder for friendlies from higher levels but I wouldn't mind a couple exhibs for sport if it were possible.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast