Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cup Heartbreak Again -- The Last Straw

Cup Heartbreak Again -- The Last Straw

I am undefeated in League and Champions League for the last two seasons. This is my third full season and I have still yet to win a Cup match, regardless of tactics or personnel used.

I made a post last season stating that I'm pretty sure the game 'fudges' cup matches to make them seem more exciting and I have another data point. Again, as the stronger team with solid tactics, I was undone by pure luck IN THE QUALIFYING ROUNDS for the third straight year. I have had that happen to me in maybe 1 other game in 3 years and even then I was able to manage a draw.

Last season I had over 20 shots on goal (and watched both matches, while my opponent did not, he missed the second game) to my opponents 3 shots on goal, and lost 2-1. I hit the post about 5 times.

This season I have trouble loading the game for a minute (perfect connection to internet) and by the time the game loads it's 2-0 in 10 minutes to an inferior team. End up making it 2-1 before the end. Second leg my best defender gets a yellow card and gives up a penalty in the first 3 minutes of the game (which they convert) and before the half is over they get a second penalty (making it 2-1 in this leg too.)

My two best defenders both give up a penalty in the same half while I'm using normal tackling. My opponent had a 1% possession bonus for his crowd and I actually had a 3% bonus overall in his stadium, and a 15% bonus in mine. I played to prevent the counter and lost to the counter and penalties. Last season it was to the post.

That'll be the end for me. I won't spend any more on an app that's 'trying' to even the score in the name of 'fun.'
    lespa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Hedges View Post
    I am undefeated in League and Champions League for the last two seasons. This is my third full season and I have still yet to win a Cup match, regardless of tactics or personnel used.

I made a post last season stating that I'm pretty sure the game 'fudges' cup matches to make them seem more exciting and I have another data point. Again, as the stronger team with solid tactics, I was undone by pure luck IN THE QUALIFYING ROUNDS for the third straight year. I have had that happen to me in maybe 1 other game in 3 years and even then I was able to manage a draw.

Last season I had over 20 shots on goal (and watched both matches, while my opponent did not, he missed the second game) to my opponents 3 shots on goal, and lost 2-1. I hit the post about 5 times.

This season I have trouble loading the game for a minute (perfect connection to internet) and by the time the game loads it's 2-0 in 10 minutes to an inferior team. End up making it 2-1 before the end. Second leg my best defender gets a yellow card and gives up a penalty in the first 3 minutes of the game (which they convert) and before the half is over they get a second penalty (making it 2-1 in this leg too.)

My two best defenders both give up a penalty in the same half while I'm using normal tackling. My opponent had a 1% possession bonus for his crowd and I actually had a 3% bonus overall in his stadium, and a 15% bonus in mine. I played to prevent the counter and lost to the counter and penalties. Last season it was to the post.

That'll be the end for me. I won't spend any more on an app that's 'trying' to even the score in the name of 'fun.'
    Well, I'd not won a single Cup game in the first 3 seasons (2 draw 4 loss as far I remember), but I ended up winning the Cup in Level 4. Cheer up
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Cup has a specific way to have some good chances to win it (and it's here in the forum).
    If you want it much, you can get it or else get in the line of people who moaning about that.
    Bunzo, khris and Arion like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dude you're level 4, you should be winning every single game. Lvl 4 cups are hard if you have a good team you will be in vs lvl 5 and lvl 6 teams if your quality is over 30 usually.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Cup Heartbreak Again -- The Last Straw

Took me 18 seasons to win the damn thing. Even then I think luck played a big part. Since then..... Nothing.

FC Loella. Level 28
    14 League Titles
    3 Champions Leagues
    1 Cup
    Arion and mani8005 like this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

I'm playing against teams that are higher ranked but I have a higher quality, and then I match my tactics. I'm not losing games for any reason other than luck, but why don't I lose to luck outside of Cup matches? Why do I hit the post over and over in a game I should win, but never again? Why are my best defenders getting yellow cards when I'm using normal tackling, when that almost never happens otherwise? It's too much coincidence to be coincidence.

Without the benefit of formations, squads and orders, nobody can help to explain why you lost.
    Like i said, lvl 4 cup are hard if you have an overly strong full 5* squad.
    Arion likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I won the cup 36 seasons ago.

LOL :')

Addicted
    Want to enjoy top eleven instead of suffering from it? If so then forget about the cup, let your luck handle it. You can easily play this game including easily win league most of your career if you don't have to worry about cup competition.

Play smart but not play hard. Good luck.
    dave1311 likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Well, I'd not won a single Cup game in the first 3 seasons (2 draw 4 loss as far I remember), but I ended up winning the Cup in Level 4. Cheer up
    haha~ me too...season 2....3rd place.... season 3....2nd place..... season 4....1st place....and then....every season....i was out in the first round....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast