Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you auction bidding strategies?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    - I 'm trying to buy players in a "quite" hour.
    In my server and area (eastern Europe), it's 05.00 am GMT, where most of my western European competitors are sleeping.
    - I have a premium emblem and jersey (not nec. official), to show some "strong" profile
    - I 'm buying from the old version, where I can check the profile of my opponents (tittles, achievements)
    If I see two managers- opponents with a very strong profile, I walk away after 2-3 rounds
    - I bid the 2nd second of every round steadily, to show my determination about a player I want
    Easiest opponent, noobies who bid twice in a round (last second snipe)
    Worst opponent, morons who bid the last second of every round even if I have already bid once
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-11-2016 at 07:29 PM.
    Gert Funck, Bunzo, Duncton and 1 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Sometimes I bid my last one or two tokens really early to make my opponents believe I'm willing to take it all the way. Sometimes it works.
    Gert Funck and mani8005 like this.

Timing and honorary exit
    Bunzo, Duncton, Arion and 1 others like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    My bidding strategies varies depending on current situation of the auction market. But I always limit no. of tokens. In the past, my teams usually own 0-40 tokens only. So I will limit the maximum tokens that I spent for each option to 2, or occasionally 3 only.

Before I bid, I will observe the no. of active users in market, I will guess those managers who have already bid is still present or not (where they are, how long from their last bid, ,,,,,,), I will guess if they prefer placing last second bid or earlier bid, I will guess if they have plenty of tokens (in other words, token rich or poor), I will guess how many tokens they like to spend, I will guess the positions of players that those managers wants, I will guess if they have already got the players they want in completed options, I will guess if the large number of bid made have already scared off some managers, I will guess if I can scare off potential enemy of bidding war through placing an early bid, I will guess if I can steal the auction through a last second bid, etc.

After considering many many factors as mentioned above, I will decide if I will bid, and then when I should place my bid.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 03-12-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    Arion likes this.

Get players like this for 3T and power train the poop out of them

What are you auction bidding strategies?-campo.jpg
    mani8005 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I bid early in the morning around 6am-7am (west africa time zone)GMT +1. 3tokens per player. I go for old players when I desperately need a player and I get them for a token. 12noon is also a good time for me.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

I have non, and nothing pisses me off more than losing auctions.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter and lespa like this.
    www.FCInsider.com

Follow the future

My strategy is nothing but not to buy any players from real players.I used to buy for my teams the nordgens whoever is almost scout level regardless of age.Of course for short term purpose.They usually appear at about 10:30am to 12:30pm (GMT +6:30) that is when I can easily check TM and pick my favourites.I never need to use more than 2 tokens for a player yet and I am 35T manager for my 2 teams.
    mani8005 and Arion like this.

Addicted
    mostly...in the end of week 2....you don't need to flight for in actions.....but yes.. only 2 weeks left... but if you planning for a team for a long run...that is the good way.....(like me...i plan my team since LV 5/6 (age 18/19).... i still have mostly of the players in my team now...in LV10 ...and now they are age 23/24).... this way...i can save token in several season (this season...i sell two players...but yet...not buying one in action yet...i just spend 1 token last night...but that i went to bed and lost the action LOL ....which i was bidding on a DC...)

Quote Originally Posted by the_insider View Post
    I have non, and nothing pisses me off more than losing auctions.
    Token buyer? You're not allowed to post in this thread
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast