Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ponzu
  • 1 Post By madflo19
  • 2 Post By ponzu

Thread: A couple of firsts

A couple of firsts

Who says T11 are not working on improving the live matches?

Three things happened for the first time in three recent games.

1. A defender gave the ball back to the GK from about 30m out. The GK held it for a moment, then passed it (accurately) upfield.

2. You know that moment when a midfielder leads your forward with a pass into the box and the goal is imminent, no matter how acute the angle and how problematic such shot would be in the real game? It's a great feeling when you are the attacker, kind of like the last moment before the orgasm. And a sinking feeling when you are on the receiving end, kind of like when you've hit your thumb with a hammer and it's so numb for a moment it does not yet hurt, but about to start hurting like a bitch. Well, yesterday my forward missed from this setup for the first time. I am not complaining. It's much more lifelike - provided it starts happening to my opponents, too.

3. Just happened a minute ago while I switched to watch a live match before finishing this post. Can't call it an improvement, but definitely a first. My MC grabbed a YC. I flipped over to sub him. That is, I was going to sub another MC who was running out of steam and we were pressing high. But while on the squad screen, I noticed a YC pop up, so I moved to sub the offender, since we were also tackling hard and I didn't want to lose a player. I hit Save and the app acknowledged the sub request. Guess what? In the next instant my MC grabs a second YC.

What do you think happened? I'll let you guess.
    Last edited by ponzu; 03-11-2016 at 09:17 PM.
    madflo19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Who says T11 are not working on improving the live matches?

Three things happened for the first time in three recent games.

1. A defender gave the ball back to the GK from about 30m out. The GK held it for a moment, then passed it (accurately) upfield.

2. You know that moment when a midfielder leads your forward with a pass into the box and the goal is imminent, no matter how acute the angle and how problematic such shot would be in the real game? It's a great feeling when you are the attacker, kind of like the last moment before the orgasm. And a sinking feeling when you are on the receiving end, kind of like when you've hit your thumb with a hammer and it's so numb for a moment it does not yet hurt, but about to start hurting like a bitch. Well, yesterday my forward missed from this setup for the first time. I am not complaining. It's much more lifelike - provided it starts happening to my opponents, too.

3. Just happened a minute ago while I switched to watch a live match before finishing this post. Can't call it an improvement, but definitely a first. My MC grabbed a YC. I flipped over to sub him. That is, I was going to sub another MC who was running out of steam and we were pressing high. But while on the squad screen, I noticed a YC pop up, so I moved to sub the offender, since we were also tackling hard and I didn't want to lose a player. I hit Save and the app acknowledged the sub request. Guess what? In the next instant my MC grabs a second YC.

What do you think happened? I'll let you guess.
    This is from last season,Seedorf was booked i replaced him with Albertini and after 2 min he was sent off,so i lost a player and a substitution

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    gizzmo likes this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    i lost a player and a substitution
    Poor you. It's a little different, though.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

@ponzu most probably something like this happened :
    https://youtu.be/7MBcIJDa3ts
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

While I was wondering whether there are real life analogies and how they have played out, the answer is this.

My subbed (in) player showed up on the board right away - you know that happens every time, before the sub message pops up. He never came off. The sub message never popped up. I finished the game with 11 players on the board. There was no record of substitution in the Highlights afterwards. Go figure.
    Arion and Awe Imoleayo Peter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    While I was wondering whether there are real life analogies and how they have played out, the answer is this.

My subbed (in) player showed up on the board right away - you know that happens every time, before the sub message pops up. He never came off. The sub message never popped up. I finished the game with 11 players on the board. There was no record of substitution in the Highlights afterwards. Go figure.
    This happened to me not quite long, I subbed a midfielder immediately he was cautioned with a card, he was replaced on the list, later given the second card and sent off, but I still had the midfielder that replaced him on the pitch. Was really lucky coz I won narrowly