View Poll Results: League or Champions League ?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • League

10 29.41%
  • Champions League

14 41.18%
  • The same

10 29.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: League or Champions League ?

I've played for 6 months and haven't won anything yet. But I have to say the CL is more difficult because you can't make any mistakes. If you have a unlucky day in the CL knockout stage you're almost guaranteed out of the CL. I feel like you can make a couple mistakes in the league, 1 mistake won't be fatal

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Any new member of the forum want to vote ?
    Also I forgot that I didn't vote yet
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

If you are non token buyers and finished till no 4 in a league then cup is tough.
    If you have not qualified for ch league then also cup is tough.

It is easy to play ch league not to qualify for it.
    Last edited by Abhinavsharma; 05-03-2016 at 04:54 AM.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    League or Champions League ?

- Which is more difficult to conquer ?
    CL is more difficult to win. However, in CL, the percentage of easy matches are higher because usually there are some easy matches in group stage.

My number of my league trophies are roughly double of no. of CL trophies.

League & CL is competed by 13 and 32 teams respectively. To qualify to compete CL, a team should be top 4 in league in previous season.

- Which titles of those competitions makes you more proud to have them in your trophy room ?
    I am proud of winning competitions which are difficult to win and have some unforgettable matches. Competition type is irrelevant.

- If you have two games vs tough opponents, in which one you ‘ll choose to use your best players ?
    I may consider the chance to win the competition. But it is not important because I usually put same efforts on all competitions.

- If you think to spend 2 T to switch the time of a game so be able to watch it, for which one would you do that ?
    In this case, I don't consider competition type. I will consider how to make the match time evenly spreading in match day as well as the days before and after.

- If you see two players in the market, one with good stats in league and the other one with good stats in CH.L., which one would you choose to go for ?
    I only consider league performance. There are too many big wins and losses in CL.

EDIT
    I just notice that I have answer this before.

Now I think it is more difciult to win CL. But winning league requires more toughness.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 05-03-2016 at 07:10 AM.
    Abhinavsharma likes this.

For me league is difficult, because if you have to face a better opponent in league your winning chance is less then you will be always runner up like Arion , where if you want to face better opponent in CL winning chances are 50-50 and also if we perform bad in first leg, we can improve in 2nd leg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    League is easy according to me"As you can recover if you loose handful of matches.
    But champion league is very precise"You need to win every match for winning title".

League is tough also as there is less time break during matches.
    Ch league gives you much time to prepare.

According to me everything is easy until you have made it tough.
    Just like I said before!
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Elaborating, the league's tougher since you've to be consistent for 26 straight games. In CL my focus is 6+2+2+2+1. I divide them into segments, and focus on them. It can be very stressful to drop out of the title race, since we've to play 26 games anyway. We also play 13 opponents. In the CL on the other hand, 2 bad games and it's over, you don't have to bother much. And it's only 13 games, half of the league. And we can face only 6 opponents till the final (if the other finalist was your group member), the fewest in all the competition, else 7, despite the fact there are 32 teams. You can somehow avoid tougher teams by manipulation (as Nik does and I am considering so), but it's not possible in the league. Wenger would be sacked despite winning the FA Cup last year, for obvious reasons (but as long he stays there, I can taunt Arsenal fans ). A league victory is the true test of a champion.
    Sunil Chetri likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Famous
    It all comes down to the difficulty of the league, and since league draws are now quality based, the league is tougher for high quality teams but for moderate and weaker teams, the champions league is more difficult.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    It all comes down to the difficulty of the league, and since league draws are now quality based, the league is tougher for high quality teams but for moderate and weaker teams, the champions league is more difficult.
    Yea, that's the general idea.
    A medium quality team has more chances in a not so strong league but impossible to go for the CH.L.
    A strong team is playing in a tough league.
    Last season, a 7-8* team won my league competition.
    This season in CH.L. also have a 7* team (from the start of the season).
    And both are in my league

* pcmacdaniel
    are you still a 15lv manager ?
    lol
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-08-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12