Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The new iOS version burns through data like a wildfire. Read if you are on iOS!

Android usage for today (my usage resets on the 1st of each month): TE - one match watched 'live' today, 16.59MB.

I probably use the phone for matches on average about once a day - I have a 500MB data package, but if I exceed this then I burn up the free minutes and my PAYG top-up minutes until it gets to £0.00 or I top-up again. I've also set a 2GB monthly alert in the settings - I have never been alerted in the time I've been using TE with live match versions.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

It seems the biggest data burn, as Sweed Mind points in the other thread, is at startup.

Mine used 14 Mb just to start up.

And then, note that any time you switch away from the app and come back to it, it reloads. Few apps do that, they have a way of holding on to their state while being in background. Every such refresh is 2-4 Mb. Just browsing around fixtures and rearranging the squad burned another 3 Mb. I no longer think the live games burn all this data, I think the app is very wasteful in how it handles data at all steps.
    Last edited by ponzu; 04-01-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Rookie
    every time you choose something from your menu you are using data.

If you go from home to trainingcenter it loads. From trainingcenter to home its loads. and on and on.
    like i said: First let me say that i find it ridicoulous if you update a game for a more friendly play on smartphone and tablet that they developed this.

playing on laptop or computer the measurements dont match... it has to look like mobile game but it isn't. Therefore its using to much data and lets not forget the use of memory. The van of my laptop goes in supermode.... and only with t11 and some other games but the are much bigger as a game.

sorry for double posting...

So far today I have watched one live match, ran a few drills, checked out league stats, supported a couple of friends (without staying to watch the match) and fretted about the upcoming CL finals. Checked and rechecked the matchup, gave some boosters to players.

This netted me 55 Mb in cellular data use.

Mindboggling!

This can easily get to 80-100 Mb before the day is over (one more match coming up, more training after the reset to maintain 10% bonus). Times 30 days = 3 Gb
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Rookie
    well now you know youre databurner. After the last update players noticed this already. Thats why a lot of players use the old version of T11. Just to prevent databurning and memory usage.

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
    Where is that?
    It seems you're on Taptalk, so there's a forum called "iMore". I'm on Android tho.

Coming to the point, TE has used around half of what your usage,but I watch a lot of vids there. I'm on WiFi tho, so data's no issue. I guess Apple's trying to eat your money out of every way possible
    Last edited by Arion; 04-02-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12