Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Keeper training

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4

    Keeper training

    Hi all I'm new to top eleven and seem to be having trouble trying my keeper is there a particular way to do it ?

    Should I train a keeper with a striker or train them alone ? I don't seem to be able to get my keeper to gain any stats at all any advice would be great :-)

  2. #2
    Famous Arion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,413
    I'd recommend to train all players together, to get a decent bonus. These bonuses influence your game. Also some GK skills are trained even in attacking drills, like anticipation in pass-go-shoot. A good training session, courtesy @El Pistolero would be: Warm up-Pass go shoot-Piggy- Skill Drill-Use your head.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

    A good defence is the best offense.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I'd recommend to train all players together, to get a decent bonus. These bonuses influence your game. Also some GK skills are trained even in attacking drills, like anticipation in pass-go-shoot. A good training session, courtesy @El Pistolero would be: Warm up-Pass go shoot-Piggy- Skill Drill-Use your head.
    Thanks for that do keepers generally take longer than other players to gain stat points ?

  4. #4
    Famous Arion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,413
    It's independent of position. It depends on the age of players. Generally younger players develop faster. Take a look at the old threads, search nordgen in the advanced search box.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

    A good defence is the best offense.

  5. #5
    Champion Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thorpe View Post
    Hi all I'm new to top eleven and seem to be having trouble trying my keeper is there a particular way to do it ?

    Should I train a keeper with a striker or train them alone ? I don't seem to be able to get my keeper to gain any stats at all any advice would be great :-)
    For the GK drill only, you don't need any players from the other positions. So, when you make use of this drill, you can combine it with other drills related to GK attributes from the Fitness section and the Skill drill from the Attack section. This is a GK training session only.
    For set-pieces, shooting drills, counter attack drills and so on, you must involve other players having relevant positions. For e.g, if a shooting drill is involved, MCs, AMs and STs must be involved in addition to the GK. Look at what attributes are mentioned in each drill, and choose players according to their relevance.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-02-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    I didn't realize age was a factor in training I have a 22 year old keeper and have put him on a mixed training program including the suggested above and he doesn't seem to gain anything other than a point for the special ability that I have got him learning or do these replace any possible stats that could be gained ?

    I have tried training my keeper with with the full team and alone and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

  7. #7
    Champion Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thorpe View Post
    I didn't realize age was a factor in training I have a 22 year old keeper and have put him on a mixed training program including the suggested above and he doesn't seem to gain anything other than a point for the special ability that I have got him learning or do these replace any possible stats that could be gained ?

    I have tried training my keeper with with the full team and alone and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    There are slow and fast trainers. With age, the training progress may decrease, but if the player is a slow trainer from origin, he will likely be always a slow trainer, unless he lose 2-3 stars, where he will progress faster to catch up with the level of play.

    You have to put the special ability training to pause if you want the player to make gains in attributes.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-02-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Corrected some mistakes.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    There are slow and fast trainers. With age, the training progress may decrease, but if the player is a slow trainer from origin, he will likely be always a slow trainer, unless he lose 2-3 stars, and he will progress faster to catch up with the level of play.

    You have to put the special ability training to pause of you want the player to make gains in attributes.
    That's cracked it thanks tactician I didn't realize that the special ability blocked gaining stats thanks for that :-)

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    For set-pieces, shooting drills, counter attack drills and so on, you must involve other players having relevant positions. For e.g, if a shooting drill is involved, MCs, AMs and STs must be involved in addition to the GK. Look at what attributes are mentioned in each drill, and choose players according to their relevance.
    What you mean by this? I've trained GK alone using Skill Drill and gained Concentration. Whether or not the other skills go to waste or does the keeper get -0,75% worth of Concentration, I have no idea.

    To me it seems like training several players together only makes a difference in gaining bonus, nothing to do with gaining skill points.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by skrrr View Post
    What you mean by this? I've trained GK alone using Skill Drill and gained Concentration. Whether or not the other skills go to waste or does the keeper get -0,75% worth of Concentration, I have no idea.

    To me it seems like training several players together only makes a difference in gaining bonus, nothing to do with gaining skill points.
    Look at this thread http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...readsheet.html

    In the spreadsheet you can see wich trainingdrill you have to do for each skill..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast