Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree1076Likes

Thread: Season 78 - Are you ready?

Tough match against league opponent who was using 4-5-1V formation which is hard to break down, got the victory in the end thanks to my ever-reliable holding mid Piergiacomi but really had to work hard for it despite having the stronger overall team! Important win too as I unexpectedly lost my last league match and wasn't around to manage my team. Happy with the performance from the lads and the defence for keeping a clean sheet

Season 78 - Are you ready?-11.jpg

Day 10 - Palace teams report (1/2).

The morning Transfer Market seemed to be flooded with 5* Nordgens so Palace Casuals took advantage of minimal competition to made a quick 1T purchase of a backup defender.

Season 78 - Are you ready?-pc-samuel-guidiala-1t100m.jpg

Palace Casuals played their latest League match away against 8th place, and the home side were very much let down by the indiscipline of their players. Two off the pitch by the 22nd minute, and another in the 64th minute, and who can blame the visitors for taking advantage? The Casuals were one up in the 3rd minute, Andres Iniesta running onto a defensive clearance and registering his first goal for the team. Then came the home side's red mist, but despite being two players down, they were still making it difficult. The home manager made an appearance in the 30th minute, and immediately set about making changes to compensate for the missing players, but the Casuals Management decided to let his team be and see how they fare. With Casuals still a goal up and beginning to make headway in the second half, the third dismissal for the hosts was the final straw. Gary Millar curled home the free-kick to open his account, then the goal rush began. Maarten Wiegman bagged a brace, one either side of debut goals for Graeme Flood and Jack Auger, as the Casuals ran out 6-0 winners for their first away League win of the season.

Season 78 - Are you ready?-s34-league-hl-round-8.jpg

Palace Terriers were also away in their first match of the day, and were at their defensive best protecting a 2-0 lead from the 1st Leg of their Cup Play-off Round tie. With the home side yielding possession in favour of quick counter-attacks, Terriers made their short-passing possession game pay as they frustrated their opponents. Samir Gross scored two minutes before the break, Terriers won 1-0 and go through to the 'Top-16' Round 3-0 on aggregate.

Season 78 - Are you ready?-s11-cup-hl-po2.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 04-12-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Pro
    I love cup matches. First game I was up against a 2 level higher player. Home match won with 1-0. Away match trained hard, max bonus, game starts and huh....his team is all of a sudden only 7 and 8 star players. Damn, he has woken up and paid some money to get some real good players. His 5 star striker turned into an eight star beast. How can we compete with that? I didn't play bad against his team. Overall I was even stronger but I lost 3-0 even though I had 19 shots and 6 on target Out of the cup again. My sub team was already out in the first round.

Good thing is that in the league I beat both numbers 2 with my team so I am in the lead again. You have got to appreciate the small things. Thumbs up.
    talisman and nikolgiorgos like this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    After a perfect CUP with Orlova Academy I managed to get a perfect CUP with Orlova FC too.

nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

oh, goodby Cup

Season 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-12-19_26_34-ny-besked.jpg

Scouts are clotting the system

Season 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-12-19_35_05-start.jpgSeason 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-12-19_35_28-start.jpgSeason 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-12-19_35_51-start.jpg
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 04-12-2016 at 05:36 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Thanks guys for supporting, we just beat number one and with a shadow strike at 89' nice

Season 78 - Are you ready?-screenshot_2016-04-12-20-00-07.jpg

Season 78 - Are you ready?-img_20160412_200119.jpg

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by JustinXI View Post
    Tough match against league opponent who was using 4-5-1V formation which is hard to break down, got the victory in the end thanks to my ever-reliable holding mid Piergiacomi but really had to work hard for it despite having the stronger overall team! Important win too as I unexpectedly lost my last league match and wasn't around to manage my team. Happy with the performance from the lads and the defence for keeping a clean sheet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	65353
    Good work Justin
    JustinXI likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Good work Justin
    Thanks John, expected the team to score more goals but I'll gladly take the 3 points after getting none in the last league match
    reddeviljohn likes this.

Dreamer
    Youth day. Almost decided to keep him just because of his name. It's pancake in Dutch.

Season 78 - Are you ready?-pannekoek.jpg

It's also what Marco van Basten as manager of Ajax was called by an angry fan after losing a match against SC Heerenveen. Youtube vid has been watched over 800 thousand times.

At transfer market I finally found a high 5* DC/DMC, but was outbidded by a manager two levels above me . 5+T for a 3* player? Not something I'd consider anytime soon.

Sold my all-time top scorer. He's too young not to be playing, but he couldn't keep up with the rest of the team.

Season 78 - Are you ready?-el-merghany.jpg
    Last edited by Duncton; 04-12-2016 at 08:09 PM.

F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2