Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree1076Likes

Thread: Season 78 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I'd tanked 2 seasons ago, and the previous season was places in an insanely tight league, but then most competition came from the Top 4 (which includes my team). Yeah I know that, but it's extremely surprising to be put into such an easy CL group, and also our level 10 cup opponent (we're L8) has no players down flanks. Does it mean an impossible to win league?

PS: Only we two have had posts in this page
    The problem with competitions that have a relatively low average quality, is that the revenue is relatively less too. That is, you get low money prizes. This affects your ability to purchase players in the following season, especially if you intend to purchase some fast, 5-star trainers. Money is a significant limitation in the low and middle levels. While you might have a better chance of progressing in the later rounds when the level is low, a few rounds in a significantly higher level competition might earn your team more money than the addition of all the money prizes for most of rounds of the lower quality one.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-03-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Arion likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    The problem with competitions that have a relatively low average quality, is that the revenue is relatively less too. That is, you get low money prizes. This affects your ability to purchase players in the following season, especially if you intend to purchase some fast, 5-star trainers. Money is a significant limitation in the low and middle levels. While you might have a better chance of progressing in the later rounds when the level is low, a few rounds in a significantly higher level competition might earn your team more money than the addition of all the money prizes for most of rounds of the lower quality one.
    Yes that's a problem to me, since I'm not a power trainer and have only 50-60 greens. But I tend to not go on a spending spree, looking to get some required players at auctions, and get a badly needed rare player from negos maybe. But while tanking, I still try to win the Cup and CL (I won the Cup while tanking in Season 7, Top 16 in CL), which helps to make up for the losses. Let's wrap it up for today then.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

odds of advancement is in my favor, Logan scored 4 (not important to mention by ass) and not even MVP

Season 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-03-16_54_23-start.jpg

Ps. To answer Tactician. I havn't fund a sustainable way yet. I have bought two 21 token academy players, and several 3 star nordgens last season, resulting in a massive drain in tokens and green packs. So to do this again is very unlikely (or expensive) so you got, although sadly, a very good point about quitting time
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 04-03-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    Duncton and reddeviljohn like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

where are decents players at the market go??

Sent from my Che2-L11 using Tapatalk

Day 1 - Palace Casuals Cup report.

The Palace Casuals Management echoes endou's comment above - it's come down to spending 2T on a low-quality 5* left-sided defender/wing-back, with a useful SA...

Season 78 - Are you ready?-pc-graeme-flood-auction.jpg

Where did the five or six other bidders disappear to in the 1st Round - needn't have made the insurance bid...

The Management was still in the TM buying Flood when the <1 Min notification went up on the match preview screen, so couldn't put the new player in, but earlier signing Andres Iniesta was tried out on both sides of the central midfield during the home 1st Leg Cup match, and made more of an impact in the first half on the left. A first hat-trick of the season, and to a player in the ST position! Step forward Massimiliano Gerini, your goals were the difference as Casuals won 3-0.

Season 78 - Are you ready?-s34-cup-hl-pr1.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 04-03-2016 at 04:14 PM.
    Duncton and reddeviljohn like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Season 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-03-17_56_40-start.jpg
    Season 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-03-18_01_42-start.png
    Season 78 - Are you ready?-2016-04-03-18_04_25-start.jpg

good match against level 15 club
    talisman, Duncton and reddeviljohn like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Palace Terriers player news.

First foray into a stagnant Transfer Market for Palace Terriers, bagging this right-sided defender with Aerial Defender SA - but he's left footed...

Season 78 - Are you ready?-pt-dany-orfila-auction.jpg

Again there were 4 bidders in Initial Round that failed to bid in the 1st Round, making the insurance bid pointless, again. I have my suspicions that they are friends of the seller trying to bump the price up (or at least some of them are)...
    Gert Funck and Arion like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by endou View Post
    where are decents players at the market go??

Sent from my Che2-L11 using Tapatalk
    I'm wondering the same thing. Tactician was mentioning this as well. I depend on the 5 star fast trainers and there weren't any available. I'll have to see the next few days. I'm hoping that isn't some kind of trend to force us to use the recommendations or scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. Tactician was mentioning this as well. I depend on the 5 star fast trainers and there weren't any available. I'll have to see the next few days. I'm hoping that isn't some kind of trend to force us to use the recommendations or scouts.
    It seems that this was intentionally done as some users have reported this observation.

Possible explanations are as follows.
    (1) It was done on purpose to increase the amount of tokens spent globally (for instance, increase in panic, more rush, more bidding wars, more need to use the scout's list and/or the negociations' list, and so on, as many users that depended on first day 5-star 'nordgens' failed to get those).
    (2) It was done on purpose to make the task of users who manipulated the Cup draw more difficult.

The first possibility seems more likely the reason.

Also, this could have been set to occur on day 1 only for specific levels, as last season, I have observed that there is a sort of trend in the quality of 'nordgens' that appeared for each day of a week; for instance, it seems that on a particular day, say for 3 consecutive levels, 1 level got at max. 5-stars 'nordgens', the other got 3 and 4-star 'nordgens and one got at max. 3-star 'nordgens', and on another day, the situations reversed. So, for those that did not get any 5-star 'nordgens' today, they might get them tomorrow or the day after, while those who got them today, won't get them tomorrow or the day after.

One thing is sure though, if this going to be like this, then they have made it more difficult for users to keep up with the need to increase the quality of their teams. This could result in the loss of many users, as with time, they will no longer be able to compete with others in the transfer market due to token and/or virtual money limitation. I, myself, I had a hard time today to get at least some of the players that I need for this season. I would like to add that the ways things have gone (not only this year, but last year also), it has become more difficult to built a personalised team of fast-trainers only as compared to when I started playing this game; there are too many limitations, like lack of players having a specific starting position and/or starting attributes, lack of 5-star fast trainers and so on.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-03-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    Bunzo likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Rookie
    Im glad that i decided to keep my team as it is. When i see the market there is nothing to find and if there is than i see the lines of bidders and what their spending.. I i want to have some players ill wait a week or so when the first rounds of the CL and Cup are played..
    Gert Funck likes this.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast