Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By reddeviljohn

Thread: What's The Difference Between Champions League and Cup?

What's The Difference Between Champions League and Cup?

I just got seeded into the Final 16 of the Champions League. I'm an L23 manager. Every other team, except one, is L24. I thought the point of finishing Top 4 in the League was to play similar level managers. I thought playing the Cup was to play evenly matched teams, no matter the level of the manager.

BTW: My Cup draw for the Final 16 has me and 7 others at L23, 7 at L24 and one team with an L25 manager.

The c/l is supposed to be the same level but at higher levels u can be matched with higher levels due to there not being enough teams at that level and the cup is based on quality so you are normally playing above your current level and even teams 4 levels above
    Arion and Bunzo like this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

How are you "seeded" in the last 16 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    How are you "seeded" in the last 16 ?
    Teams are "planted" into the bracket in a manner that is typically intended so that the best do not meet until later in the competition. Or do you not understand how tournament brackets are constructed? And, really, is that all you got out of the original post, a pedantic hangup over a single term?

Dreamer
    Same for me CL with teams 3/4 levels more !!! Not fun, change his and servers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Corman View Post
    Teams are "planted" into the bracket in a manner that is typically intended so that the best do not meet until later in the competition. Or do you not understand how tournament brackets are constructed? And, really, is that all you got out of the original post, a pedantic hangup over a single term?
    Keep your knickers on pal…

It´s not always the case that the best 2 rated teams are kept apart till the final….So that´s why I asked how you knew you were seeded.
    Last edited by Bunzo; 04-16-2016 at 05:48 PM.