Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How can I not be Wenger?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I think the key is to watch every game if you can.
    Also as the latest seasons with the new league draw (with many good, high q teams), I observed that I won the league earlier than expected,
    because I won all the weak and medium q teams of my league (positions 9-14), while my strong opponents lost many points with defeats or draws against them.
    I agree on watching game is important, when I was in 2nd level I'm the best team in my league but I didn't watched many games that season so I ended up as runners up, after that I'm watching my almost of all games,

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    BTW for anyone doubting my tactics, I have 2 Cups and a CL. So I'm not tactically inferior. The thing is, as cookizz said, I drop points against the challengers. How do you all manage to win against the stronger teams?
    I do it by tactics, and surely I have done it using formations other than that overrated 4-5-1(V). LOL .

If this formation was so good as so many have claimed, don't you think that it would be in my advantage to use it a lot? Yet, I have only used it 3 times this season, and not even once last season.

Also for some cases, like I said in several of my posts, it seems that nothing much can be done when the game has already decided a lot against you.

I, myself, I am an experienced user of the defensive and counter-attacking 4-5-1(V) in this game; I used it a lot in 2015. But, I don't use it much these days. I only use it situations where I think it would be appropriate to use it. By the way, I am sure I have had more losses when I used 4-5-1(V) compared to other formations. This includes a C-L final, a C-L quarter final, and lately a Cup final. Also, my worst defeat so far in this game has happened when I was using 4-5-1(V) for at least a significant part of the match. This formation is overrated. It has been used successfully by teams that had a lot of 7-9 star players, where in many case many players had special abilities and multiple positions; this is the important point that you need to consider in there, that is, it has been successful not because of its superiority as a formation, but most probably because of the large superiority in quality and also because the managers were able to make modification in the formation when it did not seem to work, for instance switching players to other positions and switching orders too. 4-5-1(V) as such, is a very limited and predictable formation. On top of that, it is relatively difficult and costly to maintain.

So, briefly, maybe you need to find something else for you to use as your main formation.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-30-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Apprentice
    Honestly the best advice id give is to make it the priority from day one. I lost two leagues by one point beczuse i was paying too much attention elsewhere. Dropping that win and loss on day one or two is what does it.

Im an Arsenal fan, and like most i think its time to go now. We had stadiums and money as an excuse for so long, now Leicester City are so far in front of us i think its tkme to go. Hes ruining his legacy.
    Bunzo and Awe Imoleayo Peter like this.

Apprentice
    You may have to play defensively agaunst the top teams to get the result you want. It will always be hard if they are better then u though.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    Honestly the best advice id give is to make it the priority from day one. I lost two leagues by one point beczuse i was paying too much attention elsewhere. Dropping that win and loss on day one or two is what does it.

Im an Arsenal fan, and like most i think its time to go now. We had stadiums and money as an excuse for so long, now Leicester City are so far in front of us i think its tkme to go. Hes ruining his legacy.
    Summed the 1 nil to the Arsenal today you´re ****e & Wenger should go…but we know that´ll not happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I do it by tactics, and surely I have done it using formations other than that overrated 4-5-1(V). LOL .

If this formation was so good as so many have claimed, don't you think that it would be in my advantage to use it a lot? Yet, I have only used it 3 times this season, and not even once last season.

Also for some cases, like I said in several of my posts, it seems that nothing much can be done when the game has already decided a lot against you.

I, myself, I am an experienced user of the defensive and counter-attacking 4-5-1(V) in this game; I used it a lot in 2015. But, I don't use it much these days. I only use it situations where I think it would be appropriate to use it. By the way, I am sure I have had more losses when I used 4-5-1(V) compared to other formations. This includes a C-L final, a C-L quarter final, and lately a Cup final. Also, my worst defeat so far in this game has happened when I was using 4-5-1(V) for at least a significant part of the match. This formation is overrated. It has been used successfully by teams that had a lot of 7-9 star players, where in many case many players had special abilities and multiple positions; this is the important point that you need to consider in there, that is, it has been successful not because of its superiority as a formation, but most probably because of the large superiority in quality and also because the managers were able to make modification in the formation when it did not seem to work, for instance switching players to other positions and switching orders too. 4-5-1(V) as such, is a very limited and predictable formation. On top of that, it is relatively difficult and costly to maintain.

So, briefly, maybe you need to find something else for you to use as your main formation.
    Yawn…..

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    BTW for anyone doubting my tactics, I have 2 Cups and a CL. So I'm not tactically inferior. The thing is, as cookizz said, I drop points against the challengers. How do you all manage to win against the stronger teams?
    I just briefly share my approach for your reference.

For matches against teams with similar power, I suggest using your usual tactic, or just being slightly conservative than usual. I don't recommend changing the formation radically if you seldom do so because this may harm chemistry of your team. I prefer watching these matches, and make timely changes to handle well playing players of opponent, or exploiting weakness of opponent.

For matches against teams with similar power, objective is damaging the normal attacking flow of opponent. Defensive formation like 4-1-4-1, 4-5-1, or 3n-2(DMR/DML)-3-2 usually adopted (certainly, the formation is not necessarily symmetric). I will try to put players to mark opponents' star player especially high number scorer. If such player is less active, opponent's ability to score can be greatly reduced. In last 20 minutes, my team may be turned to more attacking to try to steal the game. If my team trailed behind, I will keep patient if there is much time left, but my team will be turned to attacking earlier than usual.
    Arion likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I just briefly share my approach for your reference.

For matches against teams with similar power, I suggest using your usual tactic, or just being slightly conservative than usual. I don't recommend changing the formation radically if you seldom do so because this may harm chemistry of your team. I prefer watching these matches, and make timely changes to handle well playing players of opponent, or exploiting weakness of opponent.

For matches against teams with similar power stronger team, objective is damaging the normal attacking flow of opponent. Defensive formation like 4-1-4-1, 4-5-1, or 3n-2(DMR/DML)-3-2 usually adopted (certainly, the formation is not necessarily symmetric). I will try to put players to mark opponents' star player especially high number scorer. If such player is less active, opponent's ability to score can be greatly reduced. In last 20 minutes, my team may be turned to more attacking to try to steal the game. If my team trailed behind, I will keep patient if there is much time left, but my team will be turned to attacking earlier than usual.
    I actually mean playing against stronger team in 2nd case. I am sorry that I find that I recently made even more mistakes than usual on writing replies.
    Abhinavsharma and Arion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil Chetri View Post
    With less tokens we can win titles as I won 5 league titles out of 6
    Luck can also help.In lower level you can do anything but real game seems to be above 12+ level.
    Congratulations fot winning 5 titles.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil Chetri View Post
    I agree on watching game is important, when I was in 2nd level I'm the best team in my league but I didn't watched many games that season so I ended up as runners up, after that I'm watching my almost of all games,
    So you seem to be pro manager.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast