Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How can I not be Wenger?

How can I not be Wenger?

Another season without a league. Ninth season, 0 League titles, 4 Runner up plates. How do you all manage to win leagues? What are your strategies against stronger or equal teams? (since we regularly win 17+ games a season... This season we finished 21-3-2) I also have extremely good players. I play counterattacking 4-5-1V.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I think the key is to watch every game if you can.
    Also as the latest seasons with the new league draw (with many good, high q teams), I observed that I won the league earlier than expected,
    because I won all the weak and medium q teams of my league (positions 9-14), while my strong opponents lost many points with defeats or draws against them.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 04-30-2016 at 12:00 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

As nik said watch the matches is very important, and my strategy to win the league is always win the matches on the first half of the season when most of the teams are kind sleeping or even not trying to win, also I do the same as in the cup to get a easy draw keep only 14 players with 3 low* and I don't get a hard draw full of sharks, the league still give you trouble but its winnable.

Hey arion if you want to be best then everyone you need tokens and tactics or else you will be runnerup forever.Anyways luck can help also.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I think the key is to watch every game if you can.
    But, A.Wenger watches every game.

By the way, I think some people are overdoing it in terms of criticising this man. I have already spoke about that in another thread. I think that many people don't even know what they are talking about. They know football as they see it as a fan in the stadium, on TV, on the internet or on. Most of them probably don't know even a fraction of how football works. Based on their comments or behaviour, many seems to think that the job of a football manager is simple. Some I tell you, based on the comments, its like as if they are users of Top Eleven or things like that . For instance, they think that the job of manager is as simple as buying good players, use a formation that has been known to be successful in the concerned league and that's it. They will only know how it is when they are put into the place of the manager. Even some TV pundits had been criticising football managers, and say that they should have done this or that, and yet when they went to manage a team, they themselves failed a lot, and were either sacked or they resigned themselves.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-30-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

I don't think watching game make us winner thats a myth lol
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    I don't think watching game make us winner thats a myth lol
    I have noticed the effect to be more like random rather than being fixed. The only advantages when you watch a match is that you can make more appropriate adjustments to your team. But, in some cases, even those are virtually useless (for instance, when the game has already given a lot of significant advantages to the other team).
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    But, A.Wenger watches every game.

By the way, I think some people are overdoing it in terms of criticising this man. I have already spoke about that in another thread. I think that many people don't even know what they are talking about. They know football as they see it as a fan in the stadium, on TV, on the internet or on. Most of them probably don't know even a fraction of how football works. Based on their comments or behaviour, many seems to think that the job of a football manager is simple. Some I tell you, based on the comments, its like as if they are users of Top Eleven or things like that . For instance, they think that the job of manager is as simple as buying good players, use a formation that has been known to be successful in the concerned league and that's it. They will only know how it is when they are put into the place of the manager. Even some TV pundits had been criticising football managers, and say that they should have done this or that, and yet when they went to managed a team, they themselves failed a lot, and were either sacked or they resigned themselves.
    I have no idea about football in Mauritius (is there a league ?) but from watching live & tv football in the UK & Norge for longer than you have my opinion is that Wenger should have left long ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    I have no idea about football in Mauritius (is there a league ?) but from watching live & tv football in the UK & Norge for longer than you have my opinion is that Wenger should have left long ago .
    Do not judge someone from his location.
    Bunzo likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Do not judge someone from his location.
    I´ll judge from a knowledge of football

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast