Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What are you auction bidding strategies?

What are your auction bidding strategies?

It shouldn't worry you if you're a token buyer, but the auctions need a lot of planning for us 35T managers. Apparently no old thread discusses this so I started my own On what players you bid, in which time of the season you bid and how you bid in what circumstances?
    I, when bidding on Day 1, have enough tokens, so put an early bid on players I need (generally 90%+, multipositional), then begin bidding at the last second if it progresses to knockout rounds. I never bid more than 5. But the best time is generally after Day 5 at 1330-1600 (UTC+5:30) for me, that's when there are few active players. Then I usually bid in the last 2min or so...Bidding late will give other bidders take a shot, thinking no one has bidded yet, I can get it, while bidding very early make make them think you've gone to sleep. That's the best time to stand a chance getting the player for 1T, and I've actually got it.
    What are your strategies?

NOTE: YOU ONLY NEED TO BID 1T PER ROUND TO QUALIFY FOR NEXT ROUND. That's a mistake a lot of newbies make, bidding a lot of T in 1 round. But that can be a strategy, people will fear you if you bid 2T in the initial round itself.
    Last edited by Arion; 03-17-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    Abhinavsharma likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

There's so many factors in bidding strategy....including you, who seems to be bidding at the same time I do.
    You get to see the same faces on the auction floor.

I'll Scout your team if you bid, lurking, check your budget, check the world clock to see what time it is in your country, see if you just made a bunch of one token bids on the other comparable players hoping you would wake up to sneak in player. If you do choose to bid in next rounds I'd go same number tokens as it costs in negotiations to buy a player. Cash isn't the issue.
    Of course if top eleven force closes as it does, you will win.
    Maybe I'll just buy a Scout save myself the trouble.
    Arion likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    There's so many factors in bidding strategy....including you, who seems to be bidding at the same time I do.
    You get to see the same faces on the auction floor.

I'll Scout your team if you bid, lurking, check your budget, check the world clock to see what time it is in your country, see if you just made a bunch of one token bids on the other comparable players hoping you would wake up to sneak in player. If you do choose to bid in next rounds I'd go same number tokens as it costs in negotiations to buy a player. Cash isn't the issue.
    Of course if top eleven force closes as it does, you will win.
    Maybe I'll just buy a Scout save myself the trouble.
    WOW....check the world clock....sorry...that won't apply for me....i put different country and location in my team...as i always want my U21 are German ~ LOL
    Abhinavsharma likes this.

I don't have any statergy,
    But I save 30-50 tokens for making sure contract with fav players in auction.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

I just Bid 1 or maximum 2 token early in the morning (GMT+4) and that's it. I purchase only nordeus fast trainers 18 years old. Maybe the strategy is that that I got Real Madrid official Jersey and they thought I'm token buyer and don't want to bid with me, but anyway !!!!

My strategy is if am not the first bidder and qualifying as a leader then I wait until the last second and bid.

The best time to bid for me is in early morning before I go to work I can take a look on the market and see which players are available and tailor my needs and hopefully noone wakes up until I sign the player

The most important thing in bidding is you put a limit for you that you shouldn't exceed like 8T at most for this player no more cause you can meet crazy players who just bid until the last minute of their life

Usually I make my bids in the beginning of the season and sometimes in the middle in case I find a player is useless in my squad or performing always bad

That's it
    Bunzo likes this.

I wonder why there are no Tokens offer like recommended players once a week or so?

I only got an offer about 2 months ago or so but nothing since then....

Rookie
    Just bid one token.... If 1 player enters in last moment.... Bid at 5 secs left in knockout round 1. If he also has bid... And persists in next round too.... Then I back out.... A loss of two tokens is acceptable...

My strategy is no player on auction is worth more than 2 tokens.... So its useless bidding more than that....

I bought 22 5* players for 27 tokens.... Mostly on Day 1 or 2

When there is High tide( lots of buyers) sit tight at the side.... Wait for them to finish their purchases and then do yours.... No need to waste tokens.... Enough players available in market for everyone.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim Bavari View Post
    I wonder why there are no Tokens offer like recommended players once a week or so?

I only got an offer about 2 months ago or so but nothing since then....
    I´ve had a "recommended" player offered every week from when it started back in november

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    I´ve had a "recommended" player offered every week from when it started back in november

I mean tokens offer like 20 T for $1 even once a month

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast