Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Post your main goalkeeper pic here!+QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Jordan Voll View Post
    Should i get this goalkeeper for 59 tokens? got 116 tokens.Attachment 66458
    No. You will surely be disappointed. The last GK found on the image of the squad list that I have posted was bought from the scouts' list (23 years old, close to 7 stars, one-on-one stopper special ability). He was very poor relative to his quality; lots of ratings of 6. He even passed back to the ball to an opposing attacker once in a Cup match and the attacker scored. Hahahaha. My team got knocked out of the Cup partly because of him and also lost the a C.L final partly because of him. It was as if he was completely absent in some matches.

Here is an image of most of the ratings for the C.L final. As you can see he got a 6, and he conceded the only goal of the match. Going by the ratings, the defenders did their job, but not the GK.

In the next season, I bought another GK, but this time from the auction market.

This one was better than the one mentioned earlier. He was more present in matches.

Given that you have a decent amount of tokens, buy a few 5 star, 'old' (26-28 years old) GKs from the market (say 3, unless your squad has already more than 19 players), and try them one by one for say 3-5 matches each (you can test them in friendly matches too, but the opponent has to have some good attackers to test the GK). You will more likely be able to get a good one this way. Then, discard the bad one(s), but keep the second best as reserve. And no need to train the GKs for the special abilities. If he came with one, it is a bonus, but if he did not came with one, then no need to add one. If the GK is good ('internally'), he will perform well, even without any special ability.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-07-2016 at 03:21 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    You will more likely be able to get a good one this way. Then, discard the bad one(s), but keep the second best as reserve. And no need to train the GKs for the special abilities. If he came with one, it is a bonus, but if he did not came with one, then no need to add one. If the GK is good ('internally'), he will perform well even without any special ability.
    I agree with that strategy. I stopped spending much T for GK some seasons now (scout/recommended/nordgen power training).
    Ofcousre if I can find a GK from the market, with 1-1 for few T, I 'll take him

In 2015, I have mentioned here on this forum that a penalty is a one-on-one situation, and hence, the special ability should be useful, and also it should be better than the penalty stopper/taker special ability because logically the penalty stopper/taker special ability is expected to be useful in only the situation of penalties while the one-on-one stopper/scorer is expected to be useful in open play situations in addition to the penalty situations. But, one or more users started to make jokes out of it or make fun.
    It is expected that the one-on-one scorer to be useful too when an appropriate player takes a penalty.
    By the way, based on your experience only, what do you think about special abilities in general?
    I made some update for sa, check this.
    According to this, sa are working individual.
    A 1-1 GK maybe is good in penalties too, but this is a different action/reaction of the game.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post404157
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    for now my loyal goalkeeper will be in the goal until i find a new one !Post your main goalkeeper pic here!+QUESTION-screenshot_7.jpg he has been defending the goal since he was 18 years old
    Duncton likes this.

Rookie
    well,just in the middle of a match where we weere leading 4-1 i thought that i should give a chance to Petros Sofroniou. He could play for 18 minutes and now is the question: How the hell he got so much skill progress and my other goalkeeper who played 72 didnt get any`????
    1.Picture Post your main goalkeeper pic here!+QUESTION-screenshot_10.png 2.Picture Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

well,just in the middle of a match where we weere leading 4-1 i thought that i should give a chance to Petros Sofroniou. He could play for 18 minutes and now is the question: How the hell he got so much skill progress and my other goalkeeper who played 72 didnt get any`????
    1.Picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_10.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	66481 2.Picture Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Maybe your new go is a fast trainer so he got much skill.
    Or maybe there is hidden skill progress in the game so he was +90%

1.Picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_10.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	66481 2.Picture Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Most of those skills that had an improvement were those that had already progressed to a decent percentage before. Also, the player could be faster trainer. So, it could be the first only or a combination of both. You will see that after his next training or match, he will not appear to have progressed enough as those skills that recently gain 1 point or more are probably in the lower progression percentages for the next skill points. Then after the next other match or training session, the gain in skill points will appear again. It is a sort of cycle.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-07-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Rookie
    So should i sell him if he is a fast trainer cause he is 99% 119

So should i sell him if he is a fast trainer cause he is 99% 119
    Why not? In fact, it is better to sell a player at 99% quality than at 100% or above unless the player is closer to the next star. Don't get influenced by the visual quality; even if a 9 star player is poor, you will have to sell him. I sold two 6 star GKs in the past, including the one that was poor and is mentioned in the post above.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    GK quiz
    As I 'm not satisfied yet from my GK, I 'm checking the market maybe to find something interesting.
    I saw this guy

Post your main goalkeeper pic here!+QUESTION-gk-quiz.jpg

124 is good for me but no sa
    110 league games, so a consisted one.
    He must be in this team at least for 5 seasons.
    But in those seasons only once (and in this season) his team qlf in CH.L. and in the Cup probably not more than 1-2 rounds every season.
    From which lv is his team ?
    Why is he selling him ?
    Are those rates good or bad ?
    Buy or not ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    GK quiz
    As I 'm not satisfied yet from my GK, I 'm checking the market maybe to find something interesting.
    I saw this guy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GK quiz.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	66514

124 is good for me but no sa
    110 league games, so a consisted one.
    He must be in this team at least for 5 seasons.
    But in those seasons only once (and in this season) his team qlf in CH.L. and in the Cup probably not more than 1-2 rounds every season.
    From which lv is his team ?
    Why is he selling him ?
    Are those rates good or bad ?
    Buy or not ?

Remember what I told you? There is probably a random switch done to a player when the player is transferred from one club to another. This means that the player may perform better or worst than what he did at his previous club. So, if this is considered, you can neglect the past performance statistics of the player.

You want to check the possibility of what I said to be true? Sign the GK, use him and you will probably see the difference in stats after he played some matches for your team, unless of course if the random switch went to the same 'level' or performance but this will unlikely to occur as the probability is low.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-08-2016 at 04:37 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast