View Poll Results: Should the Cup draw be fixed to make sure people are playing people in their level?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, fix it now, like how is this still in?

14 77.78%
  • Leave it. I am happy know how it works to fix my spot, or not.

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cup draw needs to be fixed

I don't think, one or two transfer windows will solve this "issue". I think, the main thing is, that managers who train, like, love their squads/players will get disadvantage of keeping the players. And that's the biggest issue... no real club will sell his (best) players, only for showing a weakness... -.-
    I think, one of the best ideas is, match them on their levels: 1-3, 4-6, 7-9,... so there's every third season the best chance to win the cup.

I'm one of those manager, who builds up his squad over a whole season, where I don't cared much on standings. And now I'm the dumb, because I have a pretty good team for my managerlevel... and that's really frustrating and annoying.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    no real club will sell his (best) players, only for showing a weakness... -.-
    Except that in top eleven, they do...
    As far it goes for 1-3 levels and a best chance every 3rd season, it doesn't sound charming.... I would personally want to be competitive every season, otherwise if you get to face a 2-level higher manager from 1st round and get eliminated (best scenario is this, let's face it), you lose your precious money from the cup.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris Vardakas View Post
    I understand what you are trying to say. One choice would be to disable transfers 1 week before new season so that people stop selling their current level's stars or buy weaker players. This 14-best players can still be exploited in the last day. Also disable instant sell during that last 7-day period. Not funny to meet 1-2 (sometimes even more) levels higher active manager with weak team and the next day to come back with 6* 7* 8* squad and eliminate you from the first round.
    I think disabling transfer for 1 week near the end of season can be considered. However, it may reduce transfer activities and revenue of Nordeus, I don't think restricting transfer activities to short windows of a few days is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    Hi all,

Since I started this game, I have been in a higher cup draw every single season. .......
    If a higher cup draw means playing with higher level teams in Cup, it is impossible unless you do not start to play from level 1.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 05-31-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    i talked about that so long.... and before i say that is "cheating" ....
    i suggest that the CUP draw is go for totally random for +/- 1 Level will be more fair~
    If Cup Draw go for totally random, it must draw from pools of teams in same level or a set of several levels. For a pool with several levels, there should still be some teams having advantages as higher level teams in that set.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I think disabling transfer for 1 week near the end of season can be considered. However, it may reduce transfer activities and revenue of Nordeus, I don't think restricting transfer activities to short windows of a few days is reasonable.
    I don't think anybody buys players for next season during the last 7 days, except for weakening their squad for weaker cups.
    Last edited by Aris Vardakas; 05-31-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Famous
    I don't think anybody buys players for next season during the last 7 days, except for weakening their squad for weaker cups.
    I actually want to avoid teams lowering qualities before season end.

BTW, I can imagine that some teams can also buy players to build team near the end of season. For example, teams which cannot promote to next level, and teams which keep in low quality like average 3 star so that they compete in 3 star league in every seasons.

I avoided a promotion for 2 seasons, while building up a good team for the cup. Last season I ended up winning a lvl 16 cup while I was 13. However I already planned for the infamous "easy cup draw exploit". I now ended up in a much much MUCH easier league with 1* or even 2* teams while even the cup is a lot easier.
    I am now guilty of the same crime I've been a victim for several seasons. Yeah, I might win but this surely will piss off a lot of people.

I also agree to implement a better draw for the cup without having to exploit it because it leads to 2 problems:

1) Unfair cup to some players. Contrary to real football where a weaker team can actually eliminate a stronger team in a single leg match, here it's nearly impossible for a 3* or 4* star team to win against a stronger team in 2 legs.

2) You have to dismantle a good team to get a good draw. I had 2 sell 2 6* players that I now miss because I couldn't find a replacement, unless I spend 1 or even 2 seasons to get them to the same level with a SA and a second or third role. You should keep players for more seasons like in real football instead of working continously on the market, instead of being an occasional activity during the season.

However, having only a few market window despite realism will close the game even more and make it more "static", other than preventing Nordeus to get their money (which is what they are working for).

I don't know if a slight improvement in player's progression is gonna help keeping a good team together, or that we need to rework the cup draw itself. I hardly found in the cup the same teams I faced in the league, and those where much more balanced (to me at least).

I think that the first cup leg could be "blind", and working as a real qualification round where you can't see your next opponents. Once you win it the game can calculate the next round as normal with equivalent opponents. I think this way you can't really plan for an easy draw in advance.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Quote Originally Posted by Tyltyl View Post

However, having only a few market window despite realism will close the game even more and make it more "static", other than preventing Nordeus to get their money (which is what they are working for).

Then it could be made so we can't buy 3* and 4*. Keep it open for just 5* players and of course nothing happens to scout players. Just disable the opportunity to buy 3-4* players in the last 7 days.
    Last edited by Aris Vardakas; 05-31-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I actually want to avoid teams lowering qualities before season end.

BTW, I can imagine that some teams can also buy players to build team near the end of season. For example, teams which cannot promote to next level, and teams which keep in low quality like average 3 star so that they compete in 3 star league in every seasons.
    By making it possible to buy only 5* players in the last 7 days, teams who cannot promote to next level can still build their teams. AND you get to disable the opportunity of those who keep weak teams to get into easier leagues/cups.

Then it could be made so we can't buy 3* and 4*. Keep it open for just 5* players and of course nothing happens to scout players. Just disable the opportunity to buy 3-4* players in the last 7 days.
    That could be unfair to those who can't afford better players and just want a substitute. Since I couldn't find any better players for the moment I bought a 3* player to train if I ever need a substitution.
    Unfortunately you will never know if you are buying a low level to exploit the draw or because you really want it.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast